Any Suggestions?

Topics about water war tactics, water war planning, and past water war stories.
Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:09 am

Hey, I have a major dilemma. I have no real team but I am faced up against a lot of people. I need help on four things:
1 - What is the best side arm for a MXL? (homemades included)
2 - I don't know what kind of guns the others will have so I need a strategy that is well rounded and good for everything.
3 - I have some allies maybe but no definite team.
4 - There is an infinite supply of water, but it is hard to get to.

Think of it as an enclosed area, open roof, and two stories high. The second story can be accessed by stairs again very open, thus, it is easy to be vulnerable while climbing them. Its actually a big set of college dorms surrounding a courtyard. We will be fighting in the courtyard. It's not for a little while so I have enough time to make one homemade. Attatched is and overhead map of the place. The left one is a map of the first floor, The one on the right is a map of the second floor. The squares surrounding the first floor are dorms wich we will be staying in. There are bathrooms in them so they are a good source of water. Also you can lock them, they are actually quite a luxury for a water war. The blue squares are one of the dorms in wich I will be staying. The red squares are places that definite enemies will be staying in. Those black circle are metal tables that are bolted down in that position. however the chairs surrounding them could be moved. The green spaces are bunches of shrubbery, it might make a good hiding spot for a sniper. The brown spaces are sets of stairs that lead to the second floor. The gray squares is a rec room that usually is locked during the fight. The yellow part is a big balcony on the second floor, a perfect place for snipering. Send me any little comment I need all the help I can get.
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:34 am

Get a lot of water and either hide it somewhere or bury it (so you can get it), constant going to the bathroom could land you in trouble.

Personally I would concentrate on making some sort of booby traps (the metaphorical bucket full of water over the door). So they get themselves wet without you.

Try to get some definate allies, maybe the MXL hasn't got great range, but if you show it to someone and then ask them to join you, they may feel being friends with the MXL is a good idea. But be careful NOT to intimidate them, don't point it at them and say "join me".
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:00 pm

The only problem with trying to hide water is there is no place to hide it that someone wouldn't see it. Remember we can't leave that enclosed area and there is no dirt to burry it. By the way is the attatchment there? I can't see it.
"Rejoice not over me my enemy, for when I fall, I shall in turn arise." Micah 7:8

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:42 pm

If you can't see the attachment, it's safe to assume that no one can. You have to press the "Add This Attachment" button before it actually is uploaded if you didn't know. However, don't use attachments unless you have no other way of getting that file hosted. Attachments take up our space, and they really do add up in the long run. We've got over 20 megs of attachments, mostly because many files weren't resized or compressed quite enough.

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:37 pm

I tried to copy and paste the pic but it didn't work. Anyways, Doom, you don't have any advice for me? I was looking forward to see what you would say especially.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:10 pm

If you're using a MXL, there isn't a lot of point in going for a light sidearm. Go heavy, heavy, heavy...like a CPS 3000 or 3200. Also make shields for your arms - they'll be very useful.
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:03 pm

Originally posted by Super Sonic@Jan 9 2005, 04:37 PM
I tried to copy and paste the pic but it didn't work. Anyways, Doom, you don't have any advice for me? I was looking forward to see what you would say especially.
[snapback]21142[/snapback]

Umm, that's not how a forum works. You can't just paste the picture in the post box. That would be nice, but it's not how it's done.

I don't have any advice for you mostly because I really don't have any opinion on the subject. There is no "best sidearm" for a certain gun if you ask me. The first thing I would do in your situation is get more team members. Don't just accept that you are by yourself, do something about it. That is my advice for now. I might have something else to say if you get that map available, but I getting more team members is far more important.

MyStic

Post by MyStic » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:55 am

Just get some allies. Being a one man army isn't easy,trust me ^_^ I have fights against 3 of my friends continuously throughout the summer,not major fights,just soakfest style things. Well,I'm by far the strongest and fastest and know more about tactics and what to do than any of them. This causes them to argue over who will be on my team <_< This usually ends with me vs. all three. Even though I am pretty far above their levels of skill, It is still tricky to fight 3 people by yourself,not to mention more than that :huh: Point is, get help! A man without help,is a man without hope ;)
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Geneva'>-MyStic

Super Sonic

Post by Super Sonic » Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:12 am

Hold on. I'm trying to get more Details on this War. (It's Really beyond huge) Just give me some time to get my facts strait. Please don't post anything else in this thread. In fact could one of the administrators lock it please. Sorry for the Inconvenience, and thank you to those that posted. (you really helped) I should post a new thread in about a week having ALL the details.