My CPS 2000's PC is shot

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Chaplain Ealhmund

Post by Chaplain Ealhmund » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:23 pm

Hello (first post, woo&#33 ;) .
Anyways.
I was pumping my CPS 2000 last summer when it's rubber 'bladder' popped :blink: . It sounded like a balloon popping so I knew what it was. As of right now, I have not opened the gun because I would like to know whether or not the problem is fixable as opening it may be very difficult (some of the screws might be rusted).

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:42 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central Chaplain Ealhmund! I have updated your account to Members (no more rule sniplets in short). Enjoy your stay! B)

I'll be honest with you - no one has repaired this problem as of yet. But, I know how to repair it, with two different options actually.

I can not stress this enough: take a picture! First, open your Super Soaker CPS 2000 up however - a picture of the outside isn't going to help in this case. Rusty screws should not be a real problem - read the article on opening your water gun in Tech > Articles for more information.

There are two different options, both should be relatively easy: removal of the damaged part and full PC replacement.

In removal of the damaged part you would cut off only the parts of the PC that are unusable, that is, if the entire PC isn't broken. Usually only a fraction of the PC is unusable in these problems - I've seen latex rubber tubing (the stuff they use) pop before and the entire tube was not ruined.

The PC capacity lost in the repair can be brought back with a PC expansion mod. I'll explain more on that later if you are interested. Extra power can also be brought back if any is lost with a Collosus modification (on our website).

Replacing the PC would save you gun, though no one has done it to a Super Soaker CPS 2000 as of yet. I do know that AquaTech did it as a modification to his Super Soaker CPS 1200, so it is completely possible. I'll leave this as a last resort however - you will need to buy latex rubber tubing and I do not know if you are willing to spend money to repair your Super Soaker CPS 2000.

Keep us informed and there's no reason you can not repair your Super Soaker CPS 2000. If you provide pictures it would not only help, but it might be enough to make a guide on PC repair!

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:38 pm

Hm.. to be honest as well I don't have an answer for this one. My advice to you would to be to experiment a bit and get a picture of the problem in a new post, then the guys down here can give you an idea on if it can be repaired or not.