Two Questions

General water gun discussion.
Ratzul

Two Questions

Post by Ratzul » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:44 am

First of, this is an amazing forum! :P Im planing to build something that doesnt shoot water, but uses the same technique as your water guns.

What is the difference between these types of guns?
Pressurized Reservoir
Separate Air Chamber
Constant Pressure System
Piston Pumper

To ask you the second question I need to tell u what I already understand.

The pump is hooked up to two check valves. When I extend the pump, water is drawn in trough the first check valve. When I compress the pump, water is being pushed out the second valve. Now the whole areas between the second check valve and the firing valve are under pressure because of the PC. When I open the firing valve, the pressure in the PC forces the water out.

But I don’t understand where the water has to be when I open the firing valve.

Thx
Ratzul

cantab

Re: Two Questions

Post by cantab » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:06 am

1) The method used to create pressure, needed to fire the water.

In a pressurised reservoir gun, air is pumped into a container holding air and water, thus putting the air and water under pressure.
With a separate pressure chamber, water is pumped into a sealed container holding air. The air is compressed and thereby put under pressure along with the water.
A CPS uses a flexible rubber pressure chamber. Water is pumped in, stretching the rubber and creating pressure.
A piston pumper has no pressure chamber or firing valve. Water is pressurised by pumping, and allowed to squirt straight out of a nozzle.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:01 pm

Ratzul wrote: But I don’t understand where the water has to be when I open the firing valve.
I do not understand you here. You already told the answer of your question yourself^^

The area between the second check valve and the nozzle is under pressure, when the PC is filled with water. The FIRING VALVE stops the water IN THE PC from running out. Open the firing valve and the water of the PC, which is IN THE PC AND IN THE PIPES BEGINNING AT THE SECOND CHECK VALVE AND ENDING AT THE FIRING VALE, is pushed out.

No clue what you do not understand :p
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Here's a basic intro to water blaster types. In particular, the animated GIF should be helpful.

http://hbww.fateback.com/armory/workshop.html#howwork

The only main difference between separate chamber air and CPS is the type of pressure chamber used. CPS uses the rubber bladder.

Ratzul

Post by Ratzul » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Thx... That link helped a lot ;)