Home made CPS soaker

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Lab man

Home made CPS soaker

Post by Lab man » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:47 am

Just saying hello and to let you know that I will attemp to make a super soaker CPS.
The main difference to others will be the trigger. My attemp will be to have the trigger at the same location as an ordinary CPS super soaker. I will try to do this by using a metal ball-valve, a spring, a pulley and a thin cable wire which will trigger the ball-valve. I want it to be as close as possible to the real thing. It looks like my PC will have to be bike tire tubes since I dont believe I will find the tubes that is mainly used for other homemade CPS soakers.
Dont know if it will work but I will try. Also my reservior will be mounted on the gun because water back packs here where I live is very expensive.

Silence

Re: Home made CPS soaker

Post by Silence » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:02 am

Welcome to the forums! :)

My only suggestion is to take a look at DR-3 and see where things go from there. Good luck. :cool:

Latex rubber tubing can and probably should be ordered online. I can sympathize if you're not allowed to order online, but if you haven't considered doing so, you should.

aEx155

Re: Home made CPS soaker

Post by aEx155 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:00 pm

Silence already mentioned DR-3, so that is some place to start...

Are you trying to make a gun that looks like a commercial CPS gun or are you trying to make a CPS gun with a trigger and an on-board reservoir? That would give you a better idea of the things that you have to do.

Mostly I'm interested in how you make the trigger; a good trigger design sometimes controls how easy to use the gun is. For an example you can look at this thread; JLspacemarine made a working trigger design for his CPS.