Some info...

General water gun discussion.
Specter

Some interesting info...

Post by Specter » Thu May 17, 2007 12:26 am

I was just at one of my local targets and went to look at the super soaker aisle. Well what i saw was more than i expected. They had Max-d 2000 for $4.99 USD, Max-d 3000 2-pack for $9.99 . they had the arctic blast and those others(flash flood or whatever they're called) for $9.99-$19.99. they had a max infusion(?) something-or-other comes with backpack for $29.99, some really big thing i just forgot the name for $39.99 (had a fire hose type trigger on top, and it weighed about 5-8 pounds, it had a 101 ml (g?)tank) and they had a color stream something for $14.99.

i may take some money and go but the max-d 2k and 3k 2-pack they're nice little soakers.
when i get the chance i'll check my local walmarts, other target, and sports authority (i have a gift card for sport authority so I don't need to spend my only cash supply, (i'm trying to find a job)), and the dollar store. (they usually have cheap water guns)
Last edited by Specter on Thu May 17, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 17, 2007 12:54 am

Check out the iSoaker.com Reviews section and the Forums for a ton more information on stock water guns. The massive gun sounds like it was the HydroBlitz.

Target generally has good selection. If you have a KMart nearby, they're a good place to start as well; or try KBToys, although that chain is losing business and closing a bunch of stores. That means a lot of sales though. :)

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Thu May 17, 2007 1:05 am

For the MaxD's, I'd only get the 3k's because of their better capacity, though the 2k is probably better if you have larger hands.

Target typically has a better selection of soakers, but I haven't seen any BBT guns at the Target closest to me, so try Meijer, Toys R' Us, or some other store if you need to for the BBT guns. I'd recommend the Flash Floods, Orca, and/or Tiger Shark. Don't get an Arctic Blast unless you absolutely cannot get a Flash Flood instead. (and/or if it's cheaper) Avoid pretty much all of the Hasbro air pressure guns. (except for the Liquidator if you can find one, or just go with a Max-D, which were made by Larami before Hasbro took over)

Dollar store guns are usually crap.

Anyways, good luck with obtaining soakers. You can also always look on ebay and/or to friends for the more powerful generation of CPS's, which should be the staple guns of any team's armory if possible.

Specter

Post by Specter » Thu May 17, 2007 1:14 am

what are BBT's? and i dont have any Meijer near me(never even heard of it), and i dont have any Toys R' Us close enough to me either. the target i was at had plenty of Flash Floods , i dont think they will have the Orca, or Tiger Shark because what i saw looked like its all they stock. which ones are the air pressure guns? if you see my new sig, i will probably get both max-d becuase they are cheap(er) and i wouldnt mind regaining my interest in soakers with smaller guns first.

and to silentguy: yea it was the hydro blitz, thanks for jogging my memory.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu May 17, 2007 2:36 am

The Max-Ds are good, with good range and power. Their triggers will eventually break though and will require repair.

I'm not sure which guns are air pressure off the top of my head, but iSoaker.com probably has all the information. At any rate, the Flash Flood is probably the only decent Hasbro/Super Soaker gun.

BBT is Buzz Bee Toys, a company that has a division called Water Warriors. They're less than five year old, I think, and they've done well. If you ever need acronym information again, there's a link in my sig. :cool:

Specter

Post by Specter » Thu May 17, 2007 2:48 am

ok thanks. i read that dictionary before but didn't recall seeing that, maybe just missed it.

yea i noticed that the max-d's on the back of the package i think the one said it shoots 40 ft and the other said 35 ft (i don't remember which was which). that seems pretty good to me for their small size.

and to anyone else: can you check out my thread about my storm 700 pistol, needs some minor fix.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october