where have storm gone?

General water gun discussion.
blub man

where have storm gone?

Post by blub man » Sat May 13, 2006 9:27 pm

is it just me, or have storm disapeared. Theyre numbers have greatly decreased, and i can't find a website. Did super soaker kill them off or what?
Who cares what temperature it is...GET SOAKED TODAY

Blub manImage

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 13, 2006 10:40 pm

Using the search helps: http://forums.sscentral.org/t3411/

Using Google also helps: http://www.jakkspacific.com/construct.p ... page=storm

Storm water guns have not stopped production yet. I think the problem is distribution, which isn't too good in some areas.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 3:39 am

I know basic research could answer this, but I'm going to ask anyway: How good is the Storm 500? I saw a few in this small, local toy store, but I didn't get it. If they are still in production, as you said, then they should still be there; but I am thinking of getting two of them and possibly doing your holster mod. I'm thinking about attaching the body of one to the pump handle of the other and vice versa, so one can slide them back and forth, though the nozzle might move left and right for every other pump stroke. If I do do this, however, I'll use a green pistol on the right and a blue one on the left, Aayla Secura-style.

blub man

Post by blub man » Sun May 14, 2006 2:06 pm

all storms are pretty good, theyre good allrounders

Blub manImage

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 4:16 pm

Well, I know the pistols are supposed to be good, mainly because of their quick two-stroke pumps and their reasonable range. Pumps that can pressurize the PC quickly are always good, especially in backup soakers that need to defend you when you have nothing else left. However, I'm under the impression that the Storm "cannons" are outclassed by those from BBT and, I suppose, the old ones from Super Soaker.

Now, a more specific question (what I really had intended to ask earlier): Is the Storm 500 a piston-pressure soaker that shoots with each pump, or does it use a PC?

blub man

Post by blub man » Sun May 14, 2006 9:07 pm

The storm 500 requires pumping like most of the storms, so yes, it does have a pc.

Blub manImage

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun May 14, 2006 9:57 pm

So, is it just the Storm 300 that uses the pistons for each shot (the correct term might be PPP, but I'm not too sure)? In that case, only the 300 can be used in my special alternating-fire assembly. The 500s won't be able to fire without some special trigger modification or without four hands :p . Thanks for telling me.

blub man

Post by blub man » Mon May 15, 2006 12:24 pm

yes i'm pretty sure that only the sorm 300 is a piston gun. I'm just going to talk now until i reach the 45 letter limit!

Blub manImage

Silence

Post by Silence » Mon May 15, 2006 8:12 pm

First of all, it's not a "45-letter limit;" it's a minimum, as opposed to a maximum. However, that's me being picky again.

Well, if I see a pair of Storm 300s for sale (maybe there were some at that store), I'll definitely buy them. Even if I don't use them as one weapon, they could be good backup.

How can you have a PPP with a dual-stroke pump? Shooting on the outstroke would be strange/awkward, and you wouldn't get too much power.

blub man

Post by blub man » Tue May 16, 2006 6:43 pm

Correct, It is impossible to have a two way piston gun. Mainly because the outstroke sucks water from the resavoir and the instroke pumps it out.

I would only use storm 300's for backup or side arms. They simply don't have the power!

Blub manImage

Silence

Post by Silence » Wed May 17, 2006 11:06 pm

blub man wrote:Correct, It is impossible to have a two way piston gun. Mainly because the outstroke sucks water from the resavoir and the instroke pumps it out.
Then you clearly don't know what a two-stroke pump is; check out "Two-Stroke Pump" to find out. Basically, there are two pumps back to back, so one fills and the other pumps at the same time.

But you're right, Storm 300s only make good backups--though they do get good range.