Maybe-In the Future
30%
No- Just Having Fun
40%

Total votes: 10

RuleThePool

New Poll About Collecting "Soakers"

Post by RuleThePool » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:10 pm

As a packrat of the highest order I have a really large collection of stuff that I will be clearing out in the next few months.
The first item is a ZX2000 Backpack Style Water Gun from the 90's in the original box. It is not a "Super Soaker" brand but I think you will be hard pressed to find one of these babies even on eBay. A quick check of the "arsenals" found on sscentral did not show anyone in possession of this one.
I placed it on Ebay with free shipping at a reasonable starting price (with No Reserve) last night. Just type "ZX2000 soaker " in the Ebay search box. There will be only one item in the search results.
If you are not in the USA post a request here to discuss opening up the bidding to you. (I've had credit card scams from overseas buyers in the past).
If you are an Ebay bid sniper I suggest you set your snipe bid to your truly best bid level, because I believe there will be a number of snipers trying to out-snipe you. This is the only ZX2000 I have and even using Google I can't find any that have been sold for years.

If interested you may ask any questions about the auction though ebay's message system.

I will be checking this forum as well.

Thanks,
RuleThePool
"Soak 'em if you've got 'em boys" ;)
Attachments
ebay-items-may2010 296.jpg
ebay-items-may2010 294.jpg

RuleThePool

New Poll About Collecting "Soakers"

Post by RuleThePool » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:42 pm

I'm new to this site and just made my first posts today.
I'm a collector of many things and I've posted a new POLL in the "Marketplace - Offered" foum section about collecting old Soakers. Maybe I should have posted it in the General section, but I didn't know any better.

Pop over there for a few seconds and take the poll so we can see if there are many collectors here.

Thanks,
RuleThePool - :rolleyes:

cantab

Re: Rare Old School ZX2000 Water Gun for sale

Post by cantab » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:03 pm

Watch as I proceed to make a big hash up of moderation...

OK. THIS THREAD for discussing collection of Super Soakers. The thread in Offered for discussion of the gun RuleThePool is selling.

----

I sort of collect current blasters, though I always want to shoot them, I don't understand the whole leave-it-in-the-box-and-never-use-it mindest some collectors have. But for the most part with older blasters I'm getting them because I want performance.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier: