Any decent water guns that i can buy in the uk?

General water gun discussion.
rajajajamjar

Any decent water guns that i can buy in the uk?

Post by rajajajamjar » Tue May 20, 2008 2:09 pm

I just want to say i'm new here so be nice,
anyway back in the day I had an xp 310 and a cps 1500. Unfortunately they both broke, my cps 1500's pump snapped off and also something popped inside it and then the trigger stopped working. I haven't bought a new water gun in a while and now i think it is time.
However, most of them today are pretty weak and don't matchup to a super soaker, however,the super soakers nowadays are way too gimmicky.
Is there anything that i can buy easily that would be a good replacement ofr my old cps 1500? Are there any supersoakers that are worth buying? help me please

SSCBen

Re: Any decent water guns that i can buy in the uk?

Post by SSCBen » Tue May 20, 2008 2:41 pm

Welcome to SSC!

We've received a lot of similar questions lately so I made my response into a FAQ page: http://www.sscentral.org/faq/2008-water-guns.html

If you want a discussion of the merits of each water gun mentioned we can do that. ;)
Last edited by SSCBen on Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:37 pm

Dont mind me, but i just want to point out- if you think the water gun choice is weak over there in the US, at least over there you can still buy something. Technically in the UK its harder to get the guns as the weather here isnt as good as yours, so no-one stocks water guns as madly as they do in, say, Wal*Mart?
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:35 pm

How well stocked the store is obviously depends on where you are. As of my last check (back in January, I believe), my local Wal*Mart has the bottom of one side of a short (about 4 or 5 meters) aisle for water guns. The aisle itself is located close to the back of the store which I think helps in restocking water guns (that's my theory at least). It's actually pretty hot out today and the weather report says it will remain that way so I wonder if the aisle is larger now. I've been meaning to buy some new water guns so I might go for a visit some time.

If everyone could post up which stores they think are good for buying water guns I could add them to my FAQ page and it would help a lot of people out. Where I buy doesn't deviate from the normal places like Wal*Mart and TRU. Others might know some good places that are relatively unknown.

Aurum

Post by Aurum » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 pm

short? 4 or 5 meters? thats way more than here in the UK. Apart from us not getting sunny weather as much as you, when we get it it its not quite as hot. doesnt help we're in for a wet summer this year.

Yeah, so we usually get the bigger stores with only water gun sections maybe 1 or 2 meters long, with not much choice. the best place to buy guns, US or UK, is definatly online me thinks
Armoury includes: Homemade Copper Gun, "Requiem" (boasts a very large water-carrying capacity, large pressure chamber, fitted pressure gauge, and as of 2nd Sept 2011, fully working home-made pump)
I seem to literally only log in once a year!

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:58 pm

These are based on Cambridge stores, your area may differ.

Argos are selling the Arctic Blast, Secret Strike, and Sneak Attack. Buy two and get a water backpack free! Probably your best bet.

Tesco have the Water Warriors Jet, Gremlin, Tarantula, and Tiger Shark.

Asda is the budget choice, with the Water Warriors Stingray and Argon at 3 and 5 pounds respectively.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:23 pm

Thanks for the suggestions cantab. I'll update the guide now that we have some good suggestions for the UK.

If anyone else has any suggestions feel free to post them.