X-Stream Super Cobra Review

General water gun discussion.
ZOCCOZ

X-Stream Super Cobra Review

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:20 am

X-Stream Super Cobra review:
I had that soaker for a few months now, but didn't get to put the stats on paper. Well now I do.
Resovior capacity: 1.4 Litre
Shot time: 24 Seconds till severe drop off
Output: 1.26X
Distance : 35 feet
Length: 21 inches

The X-Stream Super Cobra is X-Stream's largest Air Pressure soakers, in other words their heavy weight. No longer that new with its first apearance dating back 2003 in retail, it still can be found in many stores.

Style whise, the soaker has a good summer colour skeem with neon yellow, neon green and a touch of purple. The designers didn't skip completly art class. Its much more neon than on the pictures. I like my soakers either dark coloured or very brighty neon coloured. Aslong they have a harmonious colour skeem, it serves its stylistic purpose for a water gun.
Design whise, they seemed to have copied some elements from the SpeedLoader Powersurge 2500. The shape and trigger position certainly would suggest that.
While I like the colour skeem and shape, it does have a severe design flaw, which happen to be its gimmic: The Shoot around neck. There is a second pump that moves the soaker neck left to right. Attached is a mirror that enables you to look around corners. The moving neck is annoyoing, and you have to hold the second pump steady to get a steady shot.

Performance whise, it actualy does fairly ok in the world of medium -large Air Pressure soakers. Its powered by its rsoviour tank, so no seperate PC. It max power can be reached when the tank is 80% full. That gives it an impressive 24 seconds of shot time till severe drop off. Output is about 1.36X, so it should keep up with anything up to 2.5X. Distance is fairly average with 35 feet.

While I wouldn't use it for a waterfight(since I have a bunch of Elite CPS Heavy weights), I tend to like it since it reminds me of the good old SS50 as in for a resoviour soaker it does fairly well. After this review, I will glue the second pump static, so the neck won't move making it much more functional. In todays extreme low standard of reatail soakers(The age of sh*t blasters), I would actualy recomend this one if you don't mind glueing the moving neck solid. The price is about $15 CAN, so its prity cheap.

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:30 pm

I would like to add a few things to that review. One is watch out around the pump area, mine got pulled right off. while the blaster still works, i get 2 feet of range if I'm lucky.
That gives it an impressive 24 seconds of shot time till severe drop off
WHAT!!! Before mine broke i'd only get a 1-3 second shot before severe drop off.

Really all I like about this thing is the reservoir capacity, as well as the easy pumping. Everything else is pure junk. I hate the range (my EES Turbine beats it), the shot time and the size.

Pros: Great capacity, easy pumping and average soakage.
Cons: Terrible range, can only reach maximum range for about 3 seconds and something this big should at least be as powerful as a Max D 6000.

Overall it has an interesting feature, the swiveling nozzle, but I wouldn't reccomend it to anyone, unless you like big useless guns.

ZOCCOZ

Post by ZOCCOZ » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:42 pm

You might got a lemon. Or I might got a freak model. The pump is fairly solid on mine(yet). And I got 33-35 feet of distance out of it using measuring tape. Depending on how full the tank is, the shot time can be amazing. With 98%-99% of water, it won't shoot long since there is not enough airpressure in the resoviour. With 70%-80% of water I got the 24 second of shot time(stop watched it), since that gives enough space of airpressure. That would be my theory anyways at least to explain the performance that resulted from my tests.
Last edited by ZOCCOZ on Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elliott

Post by Elliott » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:26 pm

Never seen one up close or in real life but just by looking at the pictures I didn't understand how you held it :rolleyes:

mr. dude

Post by mr. dude » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:23 pm

you hold the gun so that the trigger is above the reservoir. while pumping of course you hold the pump. while firing you slip your hands to the second pump so you keep thbe nozzle in place.