General water gun discussion.

Should Hasbro let others make SS tech guns

Yeah, We're getting sick of ESS!!!
80%
Yeah, I guess so......
20%
Nah, I just like looking in one place for water guns
No votes
NOOOOO, Hasbro/Larami can only make good soakers!!
No votes

Total votes: 5

Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Sat Jul 05, 2003 1:07 am

With al these lawsuits, and people HATING EES soakers, should Hasbro keep up with having a one logo market, or let others like Storm and Ohio Art(A.R.M. 4000) use Super Soaker tech? No more having to wait a year for new CPS soakers.......
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:12 am

Their really not using the CPS technology, so why should they care? That's what I think.

Leet Slaxxorz

Post by Leet Slaxxorz » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:53 pm

The technology of CPS is such a profitable concept that I think Hasbro will never let it go unless sometime better comes up.

By the way, I'm hoping Wild Planet comes up with a cannon version of the Waterball Launcher. With something like a 2 inch apeture.
They have taken away our silence.- Dalai Lama in <u>Kundun</u>

light bulb boi

Post by light bulb boi » Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:03 pm

^ I hope it shoots more than 10 feet . <_<

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:08 am

It looks like Super Soaker is blocking now the evolution of waterguns. Once, Hasbro/Larami was the new step in the progress of waterguns by making Air pressure guns standard and replacing squirt guns. Now, by not improving CPS technology, and stoping other companies from using CPS technology, the evolution of waterguns stagnated. What we need is a company who designs a technology which is superior to CPS tecnology. But that will be difficult since CPS technology is a steping stone, which is being controled by Hasbro.

toothpickmatt

Post by toothpickmatt » Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:36 am

ya that is all true... in my oppinion were jsut going to have to wait till the patten for CPS tech runs out and hasbro has no control of it any more... soon hopefuly... but untill then I honestly feel that we can't expect any major advances in the soaker market... these companys just Don't have the momentum to push it on... hasbro... or uh should I say lamari... had the momentum... but it's really kinda run out....they need to get something good out inorder to get it back... as it is it may be kinda hard for em to get good soakers out... so yeah... I think it will be a lil while till we see good water guns agina... kinda sad... if other companys could use CPS tech then it may speed up the prosses, but only if they are willing to stick their neck out and build a bigger gun... and I haven't seen any of em even try yet.... storm and that ARM gun are the closeest ive seen yet... but their still too small and underpowered, yes they are useing air power but you can still build a good gun with air power... look at the SS-300 for example...that gun can match a CPS in out put and range, and power... now it skinda big... but I think that some body could make somethign a lil smaller and still retain most of that power...
so in concluting to this long boaring post I feel that there are two thing that are preventing us form getting big soakers that are good agian. one hasbro has too much technology pattened and two none of these companys seem to be willing to try making anthing biger than a XP-310 class gun...

The dark ANNIHILATOR

Post by The dark ANNIHILATOR » Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:13 am

look at the SS-300 for example...that gun can match a CPS in out put and range, and power... now it skinda big... but I think that some body could make somethign a lil smaller and still retain most of that power...

I have a SS 300 and it's superior to all Max-Ds, EES and most XP soakers. it's backpack even gives it an edge over some CPS Soakers. But reissueing SS 300 guns would be even more expensive than reissuing most 1 piece CPS soakers. The problem with hasbro is they want to produce the cheap guns(which are small) with cheap technology(Air pressure) for a high price ($20 average).

My suggestion for other companies would be for the moment to make soakers wich are modeled after the SS 300/ XP 300. They can add some new slick design to it and perhaps another pressure chamber with a 10X nozzle to keep up with good CPS Soakers. That way no Law suits and Hasbro has to rethink it's priorities.
It would be really cool to see very large air pressure soaker with 5 pressure chambers, a 11 litre backpack with a 10X nozzle or 5X dual nozzle.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:34 am

Maybe there is a technology better than CPS tech. I hope that if Hasbro finds it, they market it, or if any company finds it, they market it.