Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water gun technology > Repairs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #1
goodenathan

UserID: 1587
Angry need serious help on monster xl

i just bought this monster xl on ebay and it loses pressure! I know nothing about these things other than pumoing and shooting! please help this water gun illiterate man out!
Old 06-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
Silence
Administrator

UserID: 576
Default Re: need serious help on monster xl

Are there any leaks? If so, you need to open the water gun and look for the leaks.

It's possible you have a leaky pressure release valve.

Last edited by Ben : 06-27-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:47 AM   #3
goodenathan

UserID: 1587
Angry Re: need serious help on monster xl

yes the person i purchased it from said before hand it leaks from the quickfill and it losses pressure! if i have to open it ill be nervous and worried ill break it. this is new to me

it leaks from quick fill, scared to take apart

Last edited by Ben : 06-27-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #4
Ben
Founder

UserID: 1

There's no reason to be scared to take it apart. If the water gun is already broken you have nothing to lose by taking it apart.

Is it leaking from the inner pipe part of the quick fill? If so, it's a bad seal so there's not much that can be done. I'd suggest cutting the white pipe shown in this image and filling it in with putty epoxy after cleaning up the cut and sanding it with coarse sandpaper. Wait for the putty epoxy to cure and your water gun should be repaired.

[email address] / Please read this before emailing or PMing me

Do not ask me water gun questions by email or PM. Please post the question at the forum. Private questions and suggestions are welcome by PM and email. Also, I do not sell or buy water guns online.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
Drenchenator
Administrator

UserID: 320

How's progress on this? Did Ben's and SilentGuy's tips help?

If the didn't help out much, please post an image of the damaged area. If you suspect that to be inside the gun, you'll have to open it up. But remember--your gun is already broken; there's nothing that really can go wrong that won't leave you with the same thing as before, a broken gun. Don't worry too much; most repairs are straightforward.