question about the APH

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
redtide

question about the APH

Post by redtide » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:17 pm

i'm having trouble finding some pieces of PVC in the right sizes (3/4 male to 1/2 female)and i was wondering if you could combine ooper and PVC. And if so how does that change the bonding process. Or i anyone knew a good place to find ncomon PVC pipe sizes. Thank ou for your help.

SSCBen

Re: question about the APH

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:29 pm

Welcome to SSC!

You can combine copper pipe and PVC with threaded couplers and adapters. You shouldn't need to though.

Where do you live? What store are you buying PVC from? Have you tried other local stores or ordering from McMaster-Carr? These questions will help.

Home Depot and Lowes both should have every part you need for the APH. Smaller hardware stores have wildly varying stocks. McMaster-Carr will have all the parts you need.

If you can't find the male reducing adapter you might be able to find a female reducing bushing that should look something like this piece: http://www.mcmaster.com/param/images/pl ... 80x120.gif

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central!

The sizes are actually not very important; the location of the valves and such is. So as long as you find parts that fit together, they'll work together as a water gun.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

redtide

Post by redtide » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:44 am

Thank you for the help! I've checked McMaster and found everything except for threaded end caps. Are they sometimes called something else?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:49 am

McMaster-Carr calls them simply caps. They don't seem to have them in schedule 40 but they do have them in schedule 80 for more money than you should pay. I'd suggest finding them in your local store.