Posting Stufferz

General water gun discussion.
Hyper_9

Post by Hyper_9 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:58 am

I've been noticing this a lot lately, and feel it's worthy of another post.

Numero Uno (1): Trolling/Flaming

Ive been seeing a lot as of late. Please, NO, trolling or flaming. Stuff like... (Random Example)
I guess its early this year. y'all gotta kick me off the site. and I have to have a main enemy, and im choosing hyper 9. leave mean comments about me.
Big NoNo.

Numero Dos (2): Spamming/Post-Mongering/Double Posting

Again, Ive been seeing a good deal as of late. Just a few minutes ago, I went.. "pruning" on about 30 useless one-liners and totally irrlevant posts. We Don't like it here. Post count, cept maybe the first 50, really means NOTHING. It doesn't help you get to a staff member spot, it won't get you much respect. Time does. Also, currently, EVERYONE has the edit button. Meaning Double Posting should not be happening. Some one liners are ok, but double posting, spamming, and post-mongering, Isnt for here.

Numero Treis (3): I LIKE TO USE THE CAPS

Caps are meant to be used sparingly. ALL CAPS POSTS LIKE WHAT IM TYPING RIGHT NOW ARE REALLY REALLY ANNOYING. Please don't do them, unless it's meant to be like shouting. It doesn't grab people's attention, it's just annoying.

Numero Quatro (4): Hate/Racism/Other descrimation

With the exception of sucky members and the like (sniper), Hate, Racism, and descrimation ARE NOT TOLERATED. I haven't seen it beore, but stuff like, **** off j00 ***** (Im censoring it due to the iffy nature of the word), WILL MOST LIKELY RESULT IN A INSTANT READ-ONLY/RESTRICTED/BAN GRANTED.

Numero Cinco (5): **** J00, J00 SON OF A *****
The words butt and Hasbro HQ will be sparingly allowed. Any other XPBackfire-esque, such as ****, ****, ****, *****, etc, are not tolerated. Filter bypassing is treated as a VERY BAD thing. It's there for a reason. Just let it censor. Although it hasn't happened yet, the staff would NOT like it if they received e-mails from angry parents every day because their kids are reading vulgarity on this forum.

Numero Seis (6): Threats
Threats, or the unreasonble suggestion of threats, are NOT allowed. Stuff like, "threaten to soak em to w/e" is allowed, but stuff like, "stop editing my posts or die", or maybe "threaten to break their gun" are not allowed.

Numero Siete (7): Animal Cruelty
Probably wnt ever need to be enforced, but talking about scaring/killing dogs or w/e j00 can think of, are not allowed. Theyll be edited accordingly.

Numero Ocho (8): Spelling/Grammer
Please MAKE A ATTEMPT to keep up the proper caps and spelling. No Onomonopoeia (soy-ton-ily) or bad spelling/grammar on purpose. It IS a rule, repeated offenses will result in read-only.

In closing, just try to keep it clean, not flame, etc, and we will all be happy. Anything wrong above in member profiles (usually sigs) can be edited too. Also, I have to remind that its Staff policy to ban/read-only/whatever after 3 violations, or depending on the severity, at any time. (Below 3 rarely happens). So Don't screw it all up too much.

Thanks,
Hyper_9 (with corrected Spanish by Neobird&#33 ;)
Offical DMOZ Editor of "Recreation: Guns: Toy: Water Guns"
Soak On
HYPERACTIVE 4 EVER!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:17 am

Nice job! I read it all, great rules added.
I don't check this forum anymore.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:41 am

:( almost all of the examples were from me, and they were all jokes. *sigh*

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 01, 2004 10:19 am

I find this an unnecesary extentions of rules that really are only taught to the people in one way, by them find it annoying themselves. So this is unpinned.

uman

Post by uman » Sat May 01, 2004 8:32 pm

Hey, that's funny. you spelled onomatopoiea wrong in the spelling rule :D
я люблю воду!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat May 01, 2004 10:03 pm

He also said j00 and said spell things right. :rolleyes:

Topic locked because it's pointless at this point.