CPS 1500 - Detailed Differences

General water gun discussion.
Aqua_Flash

CPS 1500 - Detailed Differences

Post by Aqua_Flash » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:38 pm

Yesterday I received a different version CPS 1500 which I planned to do a comparison with my other ones. However at present it is under repair (nearly finished) and needs a bit of touching up.

I have however received a NIB CPS 1500 today, and I can say that it is the same one that is under repair, which means I can now do an explanation of most of it.

First off, comparison picture of the two different ones being compared. The first one is the different one NIB, and the second one is one of my other normal ones I have had for a while with most of the standard part features.

Now, differences.

Pump Cap

The first version at the top (1) you can see has a unscrewable pump cap, and has to be popped out. You can also see that compared to the second one (2), the actual cap is shorter as well.

Pump Handle

You can also see both have different texturing on the pump handles. The first version has more scattered drops that look like water droplets. The second you can see is different as the rectangular circles are all in line and follow a simple straight pattern, a bit like bricks.

Trigger

Now the differences here are rather big. The trigger on version one is longer and when held feels more bulky than the second version, which is shorter and a bit thinner. You can also see that on the first version, where it meets the finger it is more narrowly curved.

Reservoir Cap

Again, pretty noticeable. The first version has much thicker ridges that don't stick out as much. The second one has much thinner ridges that stick out more in a much larger quantity.

There are also more differences which are at the nozzle area, however I can't explain those and take pictures until I fix the out of the box one of the first version (I'm not opening the one pictured). I can tell you however that like on the CPS 2500 there is no nozzle labelling on the first CPS 1500 shown. The actual inner design of the nozzle is also different, as well as how the orange nozzle piece is secured on, however again until I fix up and glamour up the under repair one fully I am unable to really provide anymore pictures and a clearer understanding.

I'll keep this thread updated, however from this, you can gather that there are at least two marks of 1500, and from looking at iSoaker's 1500, there might be three, as from what I can see iSoaker's seem a fusion of these two examined, with some parts from both of the ones examined here on it from what I can see.

More to come when I can get it.

SSCBen

Re: CPS 1500 - Detailed Differences

Post by SSCBen » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:47 am

Nice research. This should help a lot in identifying versions. Now if we could figure out internal and performance differences, as well as some other differences. If indeed some CPS 1500s are better than others as was reported on Aqua-Nexus, this might make some more desirable.

Good luck with the remainder of the repairs. ;)