Artic Blast

Threads about water gun modifications.
Rigger19

Artic Blast

Post by Rigger19 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:34 pm

I drilled a bigger whole where the small nozzle used to be to make a bigger stream, now when i pull the trigger its only a short burst, would i have to increase the size of the tank in order to make the shooting function go back to normal?????

strato_2r5

Re: Artic Blast

Post by strato_2r5 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:47 pm

I'm no expert, but I think you drilled it too big that it shot out all the contents of the PC in one big blast, like the top trigger. The bigger the output, the less shot time you have. You could just add a PVC end cap drilled to a slightly smaller hole to the small nozzle. However, as I said, I'm no expert, and you should wait 'til a mod posts.
Sorry if I'm not active much, busy on another forum and another project non-soaker related.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:48 am

I'm no expert on it, but here, Ben posted how he expanded the pressure chamber of his Arctic Blast. http://forums.sscentral.org/t4743/
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:08 pm

The arctic blast has a short pc to begin with, so you'll want to do the PC expansion no matter what you do with the nozzle.

To reduce the size, you should probably fill in part of the hole with epoxy, but make SURE that you don't get any into the area behind the nozzle going back into the tubes.

Alternately you could take apart the gun, fill in the entire nozzle with epoxy, then drill a smaller hole.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.