Review System Feedback

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
Drenchenator

Review System Feedback

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:41 am

What does everyone think of the new Reviews system? I realize that it really lacks the content of iSoaker's one (especially in statistics), but I also realize that I worked hard on it to make it feature or link to as much content as possible on and off site. Is there anything you want to see more of? Anything that you want to see less of? Anything placed oddly? Tips and criticisms are welcome.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

sbell25

Re: Review System Feedback

Post by sbell25 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:54 am

The new review system is great. I like how well organized and therefore easy it is to find the particular gun you want. Although as you said, the actual number of reviews and statistics is somewhat lacking. Because of this, maybe you could add some sort of indicator beside each gun showing whether there is a review or not?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:04 am

We had that with our old website, but it was lost in the transfer. It was a worthwhile feature to have because you might want to know if we have information on that water gun or not. The links to other reviews help if we don't have information too.

An idea I just had: linking to common (or exclusive) repairs and modifications on each series page. We did that on some individual water gun pages, but not on each series page.

We'd like to ask our members to review and test their water guns at a later date when the forum is more active. I'm actually very pleased with the activity of this forum this month (we've had over 400 posts this month so far!), but I know we'll be much more active come May and June.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:25 am

Because of this, maybe you could add some sort of indicator beside each gun showing whether there is a review or not?
That's a good idea that did just get lost in the transfer. I'll try to add it later today; it's pretty late and I'm going to sleep in a few minutes.
An idea I just had: linking to common (or exclusive) repairs and modifications on each series page. We did that on some individual water gun pages, but not on each series page.
Yes, some of the series page lack their repairs and modifications listings like some others (CPS and the Classic series, for example). I'll try to finish those too later today.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.