Hypothetical Vanquisher Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
soakernerd

Hypothetical Vanquisher Mod

Post by soakernerd » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:54 pm

As was mentioned here, the main failing of the Vanquisher is its rather lousy selection of nozzles.
To fix this, I believe that it would be possible to simply put a Vindicator (great nozzle selection) on the Vanquisher. Since they both screw onto the front of the blaster, it should be possible. If it doesn't work, you could just swap them back. As soon as I get a Vanquisher, I will post my results in this thread.

JuchTurtles

Re: Hypothetical Vanquisher Mod

Post by JuchTurtles » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:33 am

Sounds pretty awesome. I might try the Renegade's nozzles on the Vanquisher, cause it has some decent one's too.

If the Vanquisher uses CPS (or something like it), this is worth it.
The name's Juch, just Juch.
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:46 am

The Vanquisher definately uses a CPS-type system. I just got one and it is incredible. The chamber is huge. :) unfortunately, I could not get the selector off, and I am very hesitant to use a wrench or pliers on my new toy :cool: .

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:53 am

The only hitch is if the two guns have the same size selector. Buzz Bee might have done just that to save money on production costs, so this could be one of the easiest and most effective mods in a while.
-Zeda
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:45 pm

I think they do have the same size. Is the chamber really huge, or the same size of a spherical CPS?

Vanquisher's sound good so far, and this would be a great mod if it worked. Can't you just unscrew the selector?
Also known as Commander JuchJawsTurtles, commander of the C0BALT TiDE team in The Ocean Volcano Union.
SPLASH! You're dead!

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:38 pm

The PC is 1.2 L, which is insane! That is almost a third of the tank, and it would allow you to carry 33% more water. And yes, it is CPS, or at least a variant on it.
-Zeda
Quack damn you.

JuchTurtles

Post by JuchTurtles » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:27 pm

Holy Hasbro! 1.2 liters! That's huge! That's about twice the spherical CPS guns' PC capacity. And the Vindicator's PC, too. That's amazing.

I kinda am wondering why BBT didn't put better nozzles on the Vanquisher in the first place. It could make it sooo much better, and if this mod works, it should acheive a higher status. I think the blaster could even out-class the Vindicator.

Talk about a Vanquishicator!
SPLASH! You're dead!

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:58 am

This could be a CPS replacement gun even without the nozzle swap. But then, it just makes the gun 120% better!
-Zeda
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:39 am

We can't forget the possibility that the Vanquisher is simply not very powerful which would explain the lack of larger nozzles. However, it almost definately uses a spherical PC as I can't see how 1.3L would fit in any other way. (they would need at least three HydroPower diaphragms to get there) With the spherical PC comes the possibility of the k-mod, potentially giving a great power boost to it. (and the huge PC volume is a plus) There's one consideration though; if it turns out that they used more than one PC, any power-mods may not work out so well due to both PC's having to be as identical as possible.

ncog

Post by ncog » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:02 am

C-A_99 wrote:We can't forget the possibility that the Vanquisher is simply not very powerful which would explain the lack of larger nozzles.
This is what worries me, logically they would have put a larger nozzle on the Vanquisher if it has compatible power, but they didn't. Maybe they learnt from the Orca, where the largest which gets mediocre range because the gun doesn't have enough power to support it. Hopefully a power mod won't be too difficult to achieve on the Vanquisher's PC.....

cantab

Post by cantab » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:20 pm

One guess I have is that the way the PC case is linked to the reservoir may mean that when the PC is deflating (firing water out the nozzle), the speed it can deflate at is limited by the ability of water/air to flow from the reservoir into the PC case, or the ability of air to enter the reservoir. A larger nozzle may thus result in negative pressure within the connected reservoir-PC case, sapping power.

If that were the case, it would be easy to fix - plug the reservoir-PC case connection (with hot glue or something) and drill a couple cent holes in the PC case. Then the gun's more like a standard CPS, and you'd need to do the fill-pump-fill trick for maximum capacity.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

steelboot

Post by steelboot » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:25 am

I see great potential in this interesting possibility. Can't wait to get a Vanquisher.
steelboot pwns n00bs
If you have five dollars and steelboot has five dollars, steelboot has more money than you.
GOTTA SOAK 'EM ALL!

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

@Cantab: iSoaker mentioned that the PC and reservoir are interconnected, and I speculated this to be a problem earlier. Perhaps you may be right on connecting this issue to use of a large nozzle. As for plugging up the connecting tube, I'd prefer to cut it and use epoxy/putty on the reservoir end. (since it guarantees a better seal than hot glue) Doing this would also mean that the reservoir is much easier to dry since one doesn't have to worry about drying the PC case. If the PC case end doesn't dry properly, nasties may grow and that may damage the PC itself.