ZX-1000 Mods

Threads about water gun modifications.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:00 am

I've been thinking about a few mods for my ZX-1000... I know I said it was unmoddable in my review but now that I know more I see that there are a few mods that can be done.

First off, I'm cleaning and greasing the shaft. That should make it work better.

Then I plan to do the most important mod, the addition of a laminating device. The laminating device basically is those straws and mesh in the nozzle. I'm going to add one to the nozzle sometime this summer. First I need to figure out how I'm going to, I've only taken it apart once. :rolleyes:

I also plan on adding a larger backpack for it, replacing it's dinky 4L one with something larger. I plan for that to be made out of leftover 4" PVC.

Questions? Comments? If you want a ZX-1000, check out your local KB-Toys and get them while they last, they're really good.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:16 am

I tried mine out, it's awesome. but you DO need arm strength.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:44 pm

Do some push ups or something, build those biceps! :Hey, that's funny.:

Even better, practice pumping the gun, you'll get better after enough shots, and you'll get more accurate. ;)

This gun seriously would get better range with the laminating device, I should take a picture of it's shot, it's so terribly unlaminated it's not funny.

For those who don't know, lamination is the proper term for what we've been calling cohesion. I'm trying to be, uhh, proper.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:10 pm

I kinda figured once you started talking about that little screen thing.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.