The check valve revolution

Threads about water gun modifications.
Neuro

The check valve revolution

Post by Neuro » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:25 pm

check valves, in cps soakers, are what do not allow you to overpump. however, when you DO try and overpump, what happens to the water? I have just figured this out. a couple months ago, I was playing with my cps 2500's check valve to release pressure I couldn't release otherwise. bingo! as it turns out, if you try to overpump a cps soaker, the excess water goes into YOUR INTERNALS! this could cause leaking and rusting of the trigger shaft. this is why freezing the check valve with epoxy works - it doesn't give that water an outlet so it just goes back into the p/c. yes, I know I'm babbling. the main points:

a. unless you've k modded/frozen your check valve, don't try to overpump!
b. open up your soaker regularly to check for moisture around the check valve
c. k mod your soaker!
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:17 pm

Hmm... Your 2500 must be weird or something. The check valve in my 2700 puts the water back into the resivior. As for freezing, I'm going to make a guide with pictures once I do it. Look forward to that...
Oh yeah, I also am planning to fully K mod my 2700 very soon, and take shot awesome pics of it in action. I just need to buy 30 more balloons and freeze the check valve. :)