Constant air (CA) SS?

Threads about water gun modifications.
Tiuk

Post by Tiuk » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:27 pm

I'm sure it's been done, but have any of you tried it? I'm a paintball player, and for a long time now I've been thinking that it would probably be relatively simple to hook a co2 or HPA tank and a couple of regulators up to a super soaker, so pumping is no longer necessary. Pressure can be adjusted anywhere from 0 to several hundred PSI (obviously don't do anything stupid and blow anything up). Some sort of safety system should be factored in (like a PRV, pressure release valve) that will vent if pressure exceeds a certain amount (in the event of, say, one of the regs failing and overpressurizing the system).

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:32 pm

Welcome to Super Soaker Central Tiuk! I have upgraded your membership account. B)

Yes, several people in fact have tried constant air/gas pressure before.

Here's the two good examples:For more information on constant air/gas pressure, please read Constant air pressure - the future of homemade water guns.

Tiuk

Post by Tiuk » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:06 pm

Thanks very much for the links!

I'm sorry, what did you mean by upgrading my account?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:22 pm

People in the "New Members" membership group have to read a small sniplet of our rules until they show that they follow them. Usually people aren't a problem, but some can't spell and have other terrible posting habits, so we have made a system. This is our way of making poor members improve. ;)

I upgraded you to "Members", which is exactly the same minus the small sniplet of rules. The other groups are if you stay active mostly - if you stay for a long time and make a large contribution you could be a "Super Member" for example. If you stay longer and make more of a contribution, you might even become a moderator or administrator! B)

Tiuk

Post by Tiuk » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:03 pm

Ahh, I understand. Thanks.

Has anyone tried to convert a traditional SS to CA? I assume this could be done by drilling and tapping the chamber that holds the compressed air for a barb or fitting that could have a hose run to it that goes to a regulator, and then a co2/hpa tank (I'd be more inclined to use HPA since co2 can allow liquid co2 (very cold) into the SS, which may cause cracking or similar problems.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:07 pm

Not to the best of my knowledge has someone tried converting an existing water gun into a CGP one.

I do know that some people have added schrader valves to pressurize their water gun a bit more, but I haven't heard much about it.

Lt.Winters

Post by Lt.Winters » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:34 pm

Think of that! A homade Co2 water sniper rifle (or something like that)!
"In better days that lie ahead, men will speak with pride of our doings." --Gen. Monty

Master Yogurt

Post by Master Yogurt » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:51 pm

The easiest guns (and I use the term "Easy" extremely loosely) to mod to CA would be the WW Pre-chargers series. Really, though, doing such a thing would be so taxing and hard that making a CA homemade would be a lot easier.

The fact is, though, an AP or CPS gun will only get players so far - the technology is limited. CA would be such a HUGE step up, it would be amazing. However, a CA gun is pretty much useless unless every other player has one, too. The power and range advantage would be so unfair that it would take the fun out of water wars.
My Armory
<span style='color :p urple'>
4 XP-210s
Secret Strike with drilled nozzle and increased range
XP 310 with shotgun nozzle and fan nozzle
Storm something-or-other pistol
Old "Power Soaker" - hey, it's made by Larami!

I miss my XP 75 classic... I don't miss my XP 85.

Need DOS help or looking for games? Dosgames.com is a great resource, and its forums are excellent, and, hey, I've been a mod there for years!