Nerf 2100

Threads about water gun modifications.
Timmitop

Post by Timmitop » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:57 am

A while ago I saw the armageddon Nerf video and I saw that one Guy who made an Xp 270 into a nerf gun. So I decided to do this with my screwed up CPS 2100(leaks quite a bit and entire balst is let out in one shot). Here's what I did.

1. I took a 3-liter bottle cap and drilled a large hole in the center of it with about a half inch diameter.

2.I cut two small slits in the hole coming outwards .

3.I used a plastic spool from a fax machine about a foot long and slipped the lip it had into the three liter bottle cap. Then I hot glued them together.

4. I fitted the barrel onto the CPS 2100s wide nozzle cap. Then I used about a stick of hot glue and made sure that was aline and secure.

5.After it had dried, I applied duct tape around it to make it look cooler.

Ammunition
-Any nerf micro dart (slides down into tube)
-A foam stomp rocket missile I had (slides down on the outside of tube)
-A plastic stomp rocket (also slides down on the outside)

I haven't gotten exact meauserments yet, but with 30 pumps, it shoots

-Micro dart-untested
-Foam rocket-60-70 ft.
-Plastic rocket-about 100 feet

Any ideas or thoughts I would gladly appreciate.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:18 am

Interesting. Most Nerfers will tell you that modded Super Soakers aren't really a good idea. They are too larger and take too many pumps compared to normal Nerf guns.

Use weighted Stefans instead of Nerf micros (Google for it if you don't know it). Also, use 1/2" ID brass or schedule 80 1/2" PVC for a barrel instead. Both should perform better than whatever you're using, and you can make it longer because of the size of the PCs.