Duxburian's Challenge

Threads about water gun modifications.
DX

Post by DX » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:38 am

This is posted from Drewsky on the soakthis forums:
I would like to announce that on Wendsday, Augest 18, 2004, I became the first person in soaker history to do a sucessful 100 balloon K-mod.
I got the range. It's 71 feet, 2 inches. A RECORD!
On topic: I get about 5 shots per tank with 5 pumps per shot. Although for max range I pump 10 shots so that's 2.5 shots per tank.
This was my response:

Impossible. While I do believe your 100 balloon mod, I don't believe your stats. I have a 90 balloon 21K, also MK3. It can't support more than 9 pumps. Plus, 100 balloons leaves less than 1 inch of clearance from the pc to the casing wall. There is not enough room for the pc to expand for 10 shots. With 90 balloons the range is 60ft. and 10 more balloons can not physically add 11ft. That's more than 1ft. of range per 1 balloon. Impossible. 65 balloons gets 55ft. of range. 90 gets 60ft. That's an increase of 5ft. with 25 more balloons. See physics playing in here? On a 21K you also get Max range on 5 pumps. I can prove you wrong. I will add 10 more balloons to my 90 balloon 21K, same mark as yours. Therefore they will be tech-wise identical guns and I will get credible statistics to either prove your mod amazing or false.

This is my challenge-to see if Drewsky's stats are for real!
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Aug 21, 2004 6:20 am

As he stated later in our forums, everything but the range is completely true. He found 71' 2" with some calculations on the size of some tiles that he shot over, plus the use of a tape mesure, and the spaces of dirt between the tiles. All of that is very unreliable. I expect he will still have range above 60'.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

DX

Post by DX » Sat Aug 21, 2004 2:45 pm

I think his range will be around 63ft. A 90 balloon 21K shoots 60ft. and 10 balloons should not be that much of a boost. There is a curve in modding that most people don't understand. Performance does not keep going up. It peaks at a certain point and starts to drop after that point. In k-modding, the peak is about 70-80 balloons and 90 does not preform as well as a 75 can. So a 100 balloon mod should not have as much potential as a 90. I say potential, because you can pump a 70 balloon k to full and blast out a longer range than a 100 balloon k because you can't pump a 100 balloon k to full. However if you fully pump a 70 balloon k, something could easily give. The reason you should not be able to pump a 100 balloon 21K all the way is because there is almost no room for the pc to expand. Anyway, I will be adding 10 more balloons to my 90 balloon k to check Drewsky's range stats.

<EDIT> Maybe I've been too critical-Congradulations for 100 balloons!
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!