Water Clip Mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:48 am

I haven't tried this out yet, but I was thinking. I play first person shooter games, and they reload so fast because they have clips. I was thinking one day if I could apply that to a super soaker. I mean not taking the time to dump water in. I mean like grab a 20 oz out of your pocket unscrew the nozzle and shove it in there and it would stay as you ran like it was part of the soaker. The 20 oz would be capless for quiker reloads. Once out you can pull it out easy and throw on another. It would allow reloading while soaking opponents and fighting, all you would have to do is put the bottle into place and out of place. Im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how it could be done. I'm thinking maybe some really sticky stuff that would stay in place, or a little holder for the 20 oz or 2 liter. This would only work for bigger capped guns, and that has the cap on the top of the soaker. Anyway, just looking for ideas on how it could be done...
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><u>My Arsenal:</u>
<span style='color:green'>1x CPS 10000 (K-modded)
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color :o range'>~More to come~

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:54 am

They have that. It's called the Triple Charge or Triple Play. Both are practically identical. They aren't very good, the range is terrible. Good idea, bad execution.

That is of course 100% possible. A homemade version likely will either screw in or use a more complex push in thing. The hardest part would be making a check valve open when pushed into the gun, that can be done by putting a stick or something in the internals, but it would have to be measured very precisely. The check valve is to keep the pressure in. It needs to be open when being used in the gun basically.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:57 am

actually I have an idea for a mod, but it would require a special valve that opens when a little circle of plastic is poked, then water flows out around the circle. a stick would be mounted in an existing guns reservoir, pointing towards the cap, so you could open it and have the stick facing you. then, you would have refill tanks that you poked with the stick in the res, then the water would flow out from around the little circle in the valve.
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:46 am

You guys are thinking waaaaaay to hard. This would not work on a PR gun, but who want's them?
Ok, if any of you are, or know people (like your mom) who like to garden, you might have seen that some hose additions Don't have to be screwed on. You can just slip/snap it on. These things use ball berrings, and just snap in. Perfect for what you are asking.
I just tried it, and it takes me about 6 seconeds to change from one hose addition to the other. Go to your local harware store. And take a look. I think that hoses are 3/4" so they can screw right on to PVC.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:58 am

Yeah, I didn't think of using those. They don't have a large enough internal diameter so that's probably why I didn't even consider them. I use those in some of my QFD homemades, they work great as a QFD. You actually could use them in a PR gun too, the clip would be the PC. There won't be a pump or anything then. I would think that a separate PC tech gun would be more useful though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:00 am

If it was a PR gun you would need a ball valve on every clip, and that could get expensive, and probably large because of adapters.
BlueSoak.net

Sky_T_219

Post by Sky_T_219 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:23 pm

Good ideas! I've actually tried one of mine I thought of and it worked so-so... If I shook it some of the water would spill. So if I ran, it wouldn't fill right, I'd have to stand still. What I did was take a water bottle holder thing on a bike and screwed around with it until it was attached to my gun. It only held 20 oz tho, the 2 liter might be a lil to big. Also, it was hard to load through the hose, which would allow people to soak me a lot eaiser, because I would be at the hose longer. Anyway, if I can get it perfect, It would be sweet. By perfect I mean able to load it through hose at same speed and able to attach 20 oz/2 liter to it and spill hardly any water. Also make it so it wouldn't break so easy. It would almost be a must have mod if I perfected it.
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><u>My Arsenal:</u>
<span style='color:green'>1x CPS 10000 (K-modded)
1x Triple Aggresor
1x Vaporizer
1x Max-D 2000
1x XP 70
<span style='color :o range'>~More to come~

TheMechanic

Post by TheMechanic » Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:42 am

Hey instead of attaching the "clip" container to the gun attach the bike thing so all you have to do is open your gun slot a 2 liter in and spin the cap of and the flow of the bottle will go directly in the resivior. Use a smaller bottle if your reservoir will not hold 2 liters.

bigalexe

Post by bigalexe » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:48 pm

use adapters male or female(u do the experimenting) so that you can screw the bottle right into the gun. ill try to draw it for the Doomsoaker homemade.

pc
I elbow
nozzle<===I==7
pump=====I== bottle

yeahyeah

Post by yeahyeah » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:55 pm

Go to Amazon.com and type in super soaker an the Load and Shoot should come up. It's made by Manley toys.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:39 pm

I do this sorta thing with my liquidator... If you cram a 500ml bottle with the cap off all the way into the fast-fill cap, it keeps airtight so I can shoot while I reload... pretty cool for a free mod. Then again it only works with that one bottle, so it's mostly down to chance whether you can do it... <_<

For PC soakers, you could always just have a bottle with a really thin neck and small cap so that you could shove the bottle right into the reservoir and keep firing while you refill... :)

Someone should tell Hasbro to do a CPS with interchangeable reservoirs, that'd be cool... B)
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)

yeahyeah

Post by yeahyeah » Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:50 pm

That load and shoot is a pistol with three clips and there decent sized clips