Refilling Tech

Threads about water gun modifications.
Jangadance

Post by Jangadance » Wed May 26, 2004 8:12 pm

Hey, I am curious if any of you have created any devices for filling your soakers indoors. A hose outside is obviously the easiest way to refill a large soaker, but in some of my wars I end up inside instead. Fitting a soaker into a sink isn't always an option. So, how do you guys refill indoors? I especially want to hear about any technology that helps you do this. Thanks.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed May 26, 2004 9:25 pm

I sometimes have some type of hose coming from the sink that can be screwed on it. I'll also sometimes just refill it in a larger sink, the one in my basement is huge and can fit my 2700 easily. Or I could use a bathtub. :Hey, that's funny.: Well that would work, I've never done it though, just thought of it now.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed May 26, 2004 11:49 pm

Most indoor kitchen faucets are garden hose thread. Get a brass garden hose male to a 1/2 male. Get a female to slip end PVC 1/2" Then use a small 1/2" conecter piece to connect that to a 1/2" barb. On the barb put some plastic tubing of the necissary length.
Connect it all together,and screw the hose thread to the faucet. Now you can bring the hose out of the sink. Turn the water on, and you have running-refilling water at any height or angle. (As long as the hose allows it)
Tell me if this is confusing in any way.

Any easier way it so take the same tubing, but just slip it over the small end of a funnel, and hold the funnle under the running water as you refill.

Hope that helped :D
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------