Colossus altenative?

Threads about water gun modifications.
kevin71127

Colossus altenative?

Post by kevin71127 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 am

I just tried to perform the colossus mod on my flash flood but, the clamp on the end of its bladder covers a screw that is completely inaccessible. Unfourtinetly, i can now not perform the mod. I tried raping 3 rubber bands around the bladder. Will it work? if so, how many should go on? Your response is greatly appreciated! :)

StormGlorious

Re: Colossus altenative?

Post by StormGlorious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:44 am

Do not wrap rubber bands around the bladder. This will cause uneven PC expansion, resulting in reduced performance. So... Take those rubber bands off!
What is the problem with getting the clamp off? Could you explain your issue in more detail, maybe even have some photos. I'm sure someone here could help you, probably even me.

Storm,
Armoury:CPS 2500, CPS 1700, 2xCPS 2100, SC PowerPack,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast
'Wherever there' s a Dark Age, There are Dark Apostles'
Play Magic: the Gathering

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:48 am

Rubber bands are commonly used in Nerf. From what I've read they don't work as well as bike tubes, are more of a pain to use (you need to cover the entire bladder to do it), are uneven (causing one part of the bladder to fill while the other does not), expensive, and will eventually lead to the bladder popping.

Can you take a picture of the clamp so we can see the screw? I've never heard of an impossible screw in Flash Floods before so I think you might be missing something.

The only real alternative in my mind is PC replacement. With the right combination of tubes, you can have a bladder that's similar to the CPS 2000's. With that being said, the Flash Flood is a bad design to build on because the internal diameter is pathetic and the PC doesn't have much room to expand unless you do a PC expansion modification.

Edit: StormGlorious beat me to it. :p

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:54 am

Frankly, I would just keep the FF as it is, and go and get yourself a real CPS gun. The FF is an alright stock gun, for small skirmishes. However, While you have the gun open, you might want to consider rienforcing the trigger. This is a common problem in FF's and can result in breakages, right in the thick of battle.

Storm,
Triple Agressor, HydraPack, Lightning, APH x3, Pneumatic Grenade Launcher, Triple Shot, Liquidator, Arctic Blast

kevin71127

Post by kevin71127 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:05 am

Last edited by kevin71127 on Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:14 am

There is a guy selling one for 40 bucks on thsi very website, Make him an offer.

On topic, I'm soory but I dan't really help you here. My only suggestion would be to try pulling the cover off, but I've no doubt that you've already tried that.

Storm,

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:36 am

Those photos that show where I think the screws are located are blurry so I can't really tell where they are. Take some new ones and circle where the screws are.

I think the screws are under the outer housing. There's two options that come to mind here. You could drill a hole in the outer housing allowing you to stick a screwdriver in. You could also get a right angle screwdriver--I'm sure they exist. If I'm wrong about my assumption let me know.

kevin71127

Post by kevin71127 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:40 am

wait i almost have it off! how many tire rings should i slider over it? :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:50 am

Tire rings? What's that? If you mean bike tubes, the answer is it depends on what you want and am willing to do. Read the Colossus guide for more information.

kevin71127

Post by kevin71127 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:13 am

ya tire tubes.

StormGlorious

Post by StormGlorious » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:47 am

Good Job!
How did you get it off?
The amount of tire tubes that you put over the PC really depends on whether or not you want to disable the PRV. Having only worked with the older CPS's, I'm afraid I can't tell you anything more. My only suggestion would be to do 1 at a time and then test it. Keep doing that until the PRV kicks in. Then make a descision. Good luck

Storm,

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 pm

The big thing to do at this point is to test how much power you want. The relief valve won't let the pressure get past a certain limit, so too many layers will in fact be useless. You're going to have to figure out if you want to keep the relief valve in for safety or remove it for higher performance.

If you remove it, performance will keep improving as you put more layers one. But remember, the chance that the gun will break also improves as you add layers.

If you don't remove the relief valve, go with what StormGlorious said and find out how many layers work before the valve kicks in.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.