New Super Soaker line

General water gun discussion.
mysterio

New Super Soaker line

Post by mysterio » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:52 pm

Well, Urban Taggers has found some more. Enjoy.

http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... annon.html

http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... blast.html

http://urbantaggers.blogspot.com/2010/1 ... aging.html

Personally, I hope the hydro cannon doesnt suck, it would be cool to have it be awesome.

isoaker_com

Re: New Super Soaker line

Post by isoaker_com » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:25 pm

Cool! Thanks for sharing the pics and links!

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

cantab

Post by cantab » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:32 pm

The Scatterblast is probably going to be gimmicky. The Point Break looks like a nice compact blaster. The Tornado Strike will likely be inferior to the Helix.

Despite what the blogger says, I won't be surprised if the Hydro Cannon is a piston pumper. The pump handle appears to have a vertical grip - on a pressurised blaster there's no need, but on a piston pumper it helps you put in more power.

The whole line has clearly been designed with looks in mind, which probably means performance will be average at best.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

SEAL

Post by SEAL » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:21 pm

Wow, they've came out with quite a few this year! Thanks for sharing!

The blasters certainly look pretty cool (though I'm not too fond of the color schemes.), but I don't know how good they'll actually be.

Here are my thoughts on each one:

Hydro Cannon: Looks like it has potential, but I can't tell if it's a piston blaster or not. I'm really hoping that it's a CPS blaster. Hasbro advertises "35 Feet", but hopefully it's more than that, since they advertised the Shot Blast at 25 feet, when it can really get around 30-something.

Scatterblast: Looks pretty gimmicky, but it may be useful for a close-quarters blaster. It would be better if it wasn't a piston gun.

Point Break: Could make a nice last-resort blaster. I'd definitely choose it over the Hydro Fury because of it's more comfortable looking trigger grip. It might not be as concealable though. It seems blasters like this have been the only thing worth buying from Hasbro these days.

Tornado Strike: Lame name aside, this just looks like a redesigned Helix. I can't tell if it has a trigger or not, but it probably doesn't. I'm not liking the interchangeable mags at all; This blaster probably has an abysmal water supply.

Overall, I definitely see a possible improvement over last year's line. It looks like at least 3 or maybe 4 have triggers, so that's a good sign. Who knows, maybe they'll actually turn out to be at least half-decent. There haven't been this many new releases in years! I think things could be looking up! I may be a bit optimistic, but even if all these blasters turn out to be crap, we still have BBT.
Captain of the Catskill Mountain S.E.A.L.s (Soaker Elite Assault Legion.)

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Awesome. A gun that's actually pressurized. *gasp*

It looks like Hasbro may have actually listened to us! :o

Even if these perform bad, they still look extremely cool.

EDIT: Hey, look at this! http://www.ehobbies.com/more-hasbro-ner ... kwm-paging
You can get an extra clip for about $5! This is good for me because I want to experiment with reservoir expansion.
Last edited by martianshark on Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:34 am

Hydro cannon is definately a piston pumper, only way they could get away with a vertical handle.
Scatterblast, crap.
Point break, possibly decent.
Tornado strike, rename helix with less water capacity.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:07 am

According to Urban Taggers, the Hydro Cannon is pressurized.

isoaker_com

Post by isoaker_com » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:18 pm

To me, the back of the Hydro Cannon reminds me of the back side of the Flash Flood's PC. Might be a cylindrical CPS chamber in the back. Not sure where the reservoir/clip is... picture is pretty low quality. I'm also seeing shields on these blasters. Will be interesting to see how these things perform.

:cool:
:: Leave NO one dry! :: iSoaker.com / iSoaker.net ::

soakernerd

Post by soakernerd » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:31 pm

If you look at the boxes, it says how much they hold. The Hydro Blast holds 33oz. The tornado strike, and therefore, each clip, holds 10z. So a 2000 would run through three clips a second.

clips+ water guns= fail
Pessimist: These blasters hold no water
Optimist: But their small output means they last just as long
Marketing: Huge blasts of water!
user: I shot it at an angle and it went a whole ten feet!

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:42 pm

C = Clips W = Water guns

C + W = F

F = Fail :p

At least the Hydro Blast holds as much water as the CPS 2000's PC... in its reservoir, that is.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:49 am

Now with that said, the Hydro Cannon is the only one here that looks like it'll be a bit less useless than completely useless, assuming it's pressurized of course. With a $25 price tag, it would be simply theft if it wasn't pressurized.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:18 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Image

Now with that said, the Hydro Cannon is the only one here that looks like it'll be a bit less useless than completely useless, assuming it's pressurized of course. With a $25 price tag, it would be simply theft if it wasn't pressurized.
That is exactly what I thought, thanks :)

I will not get any of these guns in the next few months, so let me know how they perform when you get one :)

The good old days and Soakers will never be brought back...Why do people think this could become true ?

But anyway, thanks for sharing these pics, great work! :)

EDIT: The Hydro Cannon could be a good weapon, it also has a shild for defense^^ I would really like to see how this gun perfoms^^
Last edited by -G-JiV- on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:39 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Image
I know already! I like to call them clips anyway, especially since that's what nerf is calling them.

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:19 pm

I feel like the water mags are going to be terrible, and even with the mods I'm planning they'll be useless until an indoor war.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Of course they'll be useless. You can just fill them up with water bottles, and the mags hold less water than most primary soakers' PCs.