Xploders Blasters

General water gun discussion.
mysterio

Xploders Blasters

Post by mysterio » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey, so it turns out these things shoot Orbeez. Like small squishy pellets. That explode. But maybe someone could turn them into water guns?

http://nerfornothing.blogspot.com/2011/ ... r-200.html

C-A_99

Re: Xploders Blasters

Post by C-A_99 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:50 pm

It's much easier to convert that to a Nerf blaster than to build homemade internals that'll fit inside.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:54 pm

this is such a useless weapon...I cannot believe that I considered to buy one...fortunately I did not :)

Pull the spring back and release...no sense of trigger therefore your aim will be veeeery bad...haha
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:56 pm

It might be okay for 1HK if the range is real. Of course it would be a lot better if it had a trigger. I might get one, but first I want to make sure it's any good. If the blasters are useless, we could still buy the ammo and make pnuematic water ball shooting homemade thingies. Or load them into a paintball gun...

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:48 am

Hahaha, this is a good idea^^ lol

Hei Martianshark, please let me know in case you go to get some of this ammo. I would like to have 2 x ammo package. Just if you get some for yourself. That would be great^^ They are unavailable here in Europe...Of course I would pay shiping and all that stuff and the two ammo boxes :)

Please let me know ! Homemade Sniper guns, we come... :cool:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:34 pm

I can't promise you that, but I might be able to. The packets are $5 each, and include 500 beads that grow into the balls of water. So you want 1000 wet ballz, which is about 7.468 euros plus shipping, whatever that is.

By the way, these seem to basically be the same thing as wedding water pearls. You might be able to get your hands on those.
Last edited by martianshark on Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:54 am

martianshark wrote:
By the way, these seem to basically be the same thing as wedding water pearls. You might be able to get your hands on those.
I do not know where to gt such wedding water pearls, if I am honest...

The price sounds fine :) Let me know when you have bought them and then we talk about shiping or so :) Great guy :cool:

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Just realized something - If I take the wet ballz out of the box, I could mail the packets to you in an envelope. I'm still not quite sure if I can do that though.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:56 pm

That is fine too! But it may be better if you ship them inside the box. I do not know how much they can stand or how much energie is needed to destroy/smash them. Shiping is far and may damage them...I do not know too, but I would better pay more for shiping than get a wet letter...you understand ;)

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:00 pm

By the way, could you also get me one Xploderz, the one with the best range ? I do not know the modells. What is they best range ? 200 feet ? And how much would that cost ?

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:28 am

I'm probably not going to be able to do this at all. I don't even know how to extange money internationally. We should probably be doing this in PMs, by the way.

Just so you know, the biggest one with the best range is the XRanger, which supposively shoots 85 feet. Comes with a clip, stock, several hundred wet ballz, and an ammo depot for storing ammo.

I bought an XBlaster 200 today. I'll make a review soon, but in general, it's pretty bad. The spring is strong, but a spring-loaded door thing in the muzzle pops most of the ballz as they come out. I modified it and tore out the springs, but I'll have to wait for new wet ballz to grow before I can test it. It also can't shoot if it's pointed down, and the ballz pretty much don't get you wet at all - mostly because it's just a ball of gel; I thought it was a water-filled ball of gel. Plus, the XBlaster 200 isn't powerful enough to make the ballz "xplode" on impact.

EDIT: The ballz have grown, and the rusults since I modded it are pretty good. It shoots 1-3 ballz at a time, and it shoots sort of far, but definitely not 50 feet. The ballz still don't hit hard enough to break. Anyway, I would not recommend the XBlaster 200; it's no good for water fights of any kind.
Last edited by martianshark on Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:51 pm

Hm...I see...Then probably it is better to forget about this...

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:36 am

i remember the water ball launchers, those were kinda cool, but still useless unless you are in a 1hk.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

ManicRaider

Post by ManicRaider » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:39 pm

So far I haven't been hearing good things about this blaster but for some reason I still want one. Perhaps just to get the experience of trying it out, out of the way.

martianshark

Post by martianshark » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:03 pm

It's really bad. Not only does it not work unless you modify it, the balls don't get you wet at all. It's just gel.