Forum fixes

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Several forum fixes have gone into effect and several more will go into effect later today. So far we've fixed an Admin CP issue, Login and Posting security issues, and a problem with the "Lo-Fi Versions" of pages (now the link actually goes to the correct topic). Several more fixes are planned. We do not currently have sufficient funds to upgrade to a full license of IPB -- this is our best option as far as keeping the forums up to date go.

I also have installed a modification allowing the Admins to select how many characters are required for a post to be valid. I have set it to 150 which is very low in my opinion. I would like to reduce the number of useless posts that aren't helpful enough by requiring them to be a little longer. I want QUALITY posts, I am not trying to be hard on you guys. This along with the spell check modifications hopefully are going to attain that goal. Also, if anyone thinks this is too short or too long, I can change it very easily so bring it up in a topic/poll if it's a problem.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:46 pm

I also have installed a modification allowing the Admins to select how many characters are required for a post to be valid. I have set it to 150 which is very low in my opinion.
I think that in the end, people will start finding ways to by pass it by having huge spaces between words, and other stuff like that. Which is worse than a short post, IMO.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:51 pm

I realized that. I also thought further on it and if I see anyone extending their post with meaningless things, that won't be allowed. Also, 150 characters isn't that much, I doubt most people would notice. This is to, mostly, prevent small worthless replies.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:52 pm

This is a test of another modification I installed. Hopefully, this will be posted in my previous post instead of making a new post. An "anti-bump" mod of sorts. I believe you must wait 24 hours to make a post after your own.

Edit: Appears to not have worked. I'll just not do this one then, it wasn't even designed for our exact version of IPB anyway.