"Experimental" skin

Suggestions, comments, questions, and developments related to the Super Soaker Central site and forums.
SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:13 pm

I was surfing Invisionize and saw a little skin tips & tricks section. To learn a little more about IPB skins I did a few of these tricks on a skin dubbed "Experimental." Feel free to switch to it and check it out. It's unlikely that I'll make this the default skin, though, it does look interesting.

Any ideas for a larger sidebar would be appreciated as well. I really don't have any idea of what else to add. :rolleyes:

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:23 pm

Along with this, I have installed a modification that rewrites the URLs so that they are more friendly to search engines and our users. The old URLs still will work. If there is opposition to this modification, I could easily uninstall it. This was one of the easiest modifications I have ever installed on our forum. I personally like it very much because the URLs are looking much better IMO.

Godzillasoaker65

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:03 pm

Does IMO. stand for in my opinion? I like the new way it is set up here, especially the thing to the right with the different forums.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:22 am

IMO does stand for "in my opinion." Some also use IMHO which stands for "in my humble opinion."

It's good that at least someone else is using this skin. I had been getting used to it. I like to feel a little better, though, I've been switching back and forth between Experimental and the Default one since I created Experimental.

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:39 am

The experimental skin has its ups and downs. IMO the side bar cramps the forums. But I like the Features bar at the bottom. It creates a "joining" of the site and the forums which is not there with the default skin.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

Soakologist

Post by Soakologist » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:43 am

I love it. This new skin gets a thumbs up from me.
:-)
Whatever music you listen to probably sucks.