Have You Contacted Hasbro Yet?

Discussion of other water gun websites.
DX

Post by DX » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:54 pm

Several members have sent emails to Hasbro. It would be amazing if all the currently active members could do the same. Then maybe Hasbro would start taking appropriate action, instead of listening to us, but brushing us aside.
Lets try to get everyone to contact Hasbro. For the record, if you have contacted Hasbro, then please post when, a short summary of what you said and how they responded.

Duxburian: I just emailed them yesterday evening. I stated reasons why Hasbro should restart the CPS line, including why it would benefit their company and image among the public. I haven't recieved a response yet, when I do ill edit it in.

Neo: You can contact Hasbro here. Give them your b-day (fake it if you're under 13), then you can e-mail them.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

pyro

Post by pyro » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:19 am

I sent them a letter and I posted the reply somewhere else in the forum ill see if I can find it. :D

here it is:
Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your taking the time to share your opinions with us.

Consumer satisfaction is very important to us. We will share your comments with our management team so that they are also aware of your views.

We want to assure you that we are dedicated to maintaining quality products and service. We hope you and your family will continue to enjoy our products for many years to come.

Again, thank you for contacting us, and for your comments.

onlydecoppi1991

Post by onlydecoppi1991 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:29 am

SScentral is right your new soakertag guns are not that great. You want us to send in information and all you give back is an automated email, saying something about please keep your family buying our projects. Damnit, I Don't care anymore, you should bring some of the older guns back, like the CPS series. Now those were super soakers...
those guns have power, they have good resevoirs. The older guns brought happiness to the older people, like the hardcore tactical playing soakers. Those are the ones who have been sending you emails about how the 2004 image is on the younger kids.

Bring back the series of cps please. You get more money most likely.

I sent that. And god they are annoying
"If war is what your looking for, I know where you can find it... ya go to the corner of May St. and go inside Wars R Us."
-me

"A country cannot simultaneously prepare and prevent war."
-Albert Einstein

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" -Gandhi

Armory= Blazer, Vaporizer, 2003

pyro

Post by pyro » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:35 am

I should give them a link to the forum, and some other forums so they can see what most people think? Am I allowed to give them the link? Just making sure.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:00 pm

I gave them the link to WW.net and SSC, but just the ssame response, I'll try it again...

*pushes 'send' button 20 times*

I flamed at them, oops...
Allright Hasbro,

Enough of this BS, Let's get down to the point, and don't give me a Friggen auto-response either, WE WANT ANSWERS! The CPS line will make you tons more money than this XPBackfire-esquepy SoakerTag S***, I mean, us who want and have power (CPS, XP) Don't want this junk, I'll never buy your products again if you don't do something about this.

These "SoakerTags" should be called "DribbleTags" because the guns are SO wimpy, and the "Quick Fill XPBackfire-esque" doesn't work for s***.

We know you want more money, and CPS will get you just that, Buzz Bee Toys Inc. has been beating you in our quest for power, you think that the Triple aggressor can beat a Blazer? No way!

Consider this, http://www.sscentral.net and Waterwar.net say this: GIVE US BACK OUR CPS!

Take it from us, give us a real response, not a d***ed auto-response.

Sorry, but I'm mad now,
RacerSoaker445
It says on the "Instant Anwser" section: "What is the average distance for a Supersoaker?" and the stupid answer:

Max D Series--shoots 35' to 40'
SC Series--shoots 30' to 35'
XP Series--shoots 30' to 35'
CPS Series--shoots 30' to 35'

Max D shooting farther than a CPS? NO WAY.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:07 pm

would it be possible to make some form of petition?

if hundreds of people all signed 1 then they might take more notice.

obviously we can't physically sign it but wouldn't it be possible to give them the emails of everyone who wants to sign it, and tell them that if they Don't believe that everyone on the list really agreed to sign it then they could email them and check.

also good because many people have multiple e-mails!

just a thought
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:15 pm

What we need to do is this:

Every single one of us, and everyone at WWN emails Hasbro at the same time with oen message: To brign back the CPS soaker. And demanding an answer other than an auto response answer. They can't ignore 100+ emails with the same message at the same time. What do you guys think?
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Commander_Gaunt

Post by Commander_Gaunt » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:21 pm

good idea, but I think that something printed out and posted would be better. I may be wrong but if you e-mail, their computers may just send the automatic response immediately and only forward the letter to a human if it picks up key words.

however a letter has to be read by someone
<span style='color:gray'>There are only 3 sure things in life: Birth <span style='color:red'>Death <span style='color:gray'>and <span style='color :p urple'>Taxes

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:31 pm

Sorry for the double post.

This is the letter I sent them:
Hasbro,
My name is Andrew DeCoster, and I am a water warfare enthusiast active on the message boards at http://www.waterwar.net and http://www.sscentral.net. The online water warfare community has been very displeased lately about the sub par performance of your Super Soaker line of toys. We, as an enthusiast community, are displeased with the quality of the recent line up of Super Soaker toys, namely the EES and Soaker Tag series. These two series do not perform as well as their Max D, XP, and CPS series of guns. We, and many more kids who play with your items, would greatly appreciate it if you deeply considered reissuing the CPS and XP lines. These lines included the water blasters that motivated almost all of us enthusiasts to take the hobby of water warfare seriously. The option of switching to any other related hobby, such as paintball, air sot, etc. is clear, yet we stay with water warfare, because we enjoy practicing it. We prize all of our weaponry, and one of the main highlights of this hobby is looking forward to the next year's new lineup. With sup par toys being produced every year, it is hard to continue to enjoy the hobby, we once found appealing. I strongly urge to please consider this letter and re issue the CPS and XP lines.

Sincerely,
Andrew DeCoster

EDIT:

good idea, but I think that something printed out and posted would be better. I may be wrong but if you e-mail, their computers may just send the automatic response immediately and only forward the letter to a human if it picks up key words.

however a letter has to be read by someone

Good Idea. I shall write a letter as well.
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:19 am

People have tried online petitions, and they get about 5 signatures and then die. I think that the emailing campaign is more effective. May Hasbro take the burden of 100 emails!

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:56 am

I sent in a rather nice suggestion about 5 times, and always got back the same response. I think they are listening to us people, they have been for a month or two now, just not communicating with the fanbase and alienating them. They are aware of our existence here and WWN. It’s like a city, do not pay money for it unless it is absolutely necessary, and most people are unhappy. Hasbro cannot make everyone happy, but they do care enough to possibly release a new CPS blaster next year. I have faith... its not too late to turn things around... maybe not enough people emailed them during the EES Series. I give you my salutations Hasbro for going a step up with technology from 2003-2004. You’re getting there; you just haven’t hit the bulls-eye just yet. ^_^

-Jade

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:16 am

Yeah I wrote them a letter. It wasn't all polite like you guys, I bluntly said to them that their guns were XPBackfire-esque. Total XPBackfire-esque. Had to be done. But in the entire thing I forgot to put in my name :P . Here it is:
Almost everyone at SSCentral.Net and WaterWar.Net agree with me on this. I'm not going to lie, I am going to make this sharp and to the point. Your new 2004 line sucks, and everyone knows it. Nothing is good about your poor weak wimpy line of air pressure soakers. It was good in the old days like two years ago and back, when SuperSoaker was actually a line of products that could soak people. The 2004 SoakerTag line? Total XPBackfire-esque. They are underpowered, and should be called SuperLightly-Damper because of how XPBackfire-esquepy they are. I don't know if you people have some older guns in your storage somewhere but if you do I want you to play with one, then go play with one of your ripoff SoakerTag guns. Nothing beats quality. We aren't just dissapointed. We are angry. If you think that kids like this type of XPBackfire-esque power, and that your sales will increase, you are completely wrong. If you guys at Hasbro don't change you products, lower the outrageously high prices, remove the stupid pointless gimmics of your guns, and reintroduce the Cps line by next year, I will make sure that kids know (and thousands already do thanks to our websites) how terrible your guns are. They are not mediocre, they are just plain bad. Again, I would be lying if I said that your guns need improvement. Your guns need one thing right now: to take a trip to the trash. Sure the stupid useless features on your new guns may make kids like them for now, but not in the long run. Don't ignore this. Read it and listen.
Haha I love my letter...

EDIT:
Max D Series--shoots 35' to 40'
SC Series--shoots 30' to 35'
XP Series--shoots 30' to 35'
CPS Series--shoots 30' to 35'

Max D shooting farther than a CPS? NO WAY.
Yes, those stats are totally off, but if they show tht a CPS shoots further than (or the same as) a Max-D, then they can't market Max-D as having Maximum Distance. It would be Medium Distance, or Med-D :P .

Winston Churchill

Post by Winston Churchill » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:37 am

I just avoid the whole situation altogether by staying with homemades. Personally I think that if supersoaker had a serious competitor (buzzbee has potential but I Don't think they've reached "serious competitor" status) that both companies would be pushed to make bigger and better guns each year. But with the practical monopoly they have now, they can do whatever they want.
<span style='font-family :O ptima'>"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job."
Sir Winston Churchill

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:54 am

If some company came out with huge cps guns some where in the near future, Hasbro is sunk. Maybe Doom could make his own company. :Hey, that's funny.: As long as someone kills Hasbro in competition I'll be happy. :D

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:59 am

We (Doom I guess) couldn't make a buisness selling CPS's. Copyright XPBackfire-esque. But air pressure can acheive the same power. It would be a great idea, but it is not cost effective. Plus no normal person wants to spend $70 on a soaker. It could be cheaper if it could be massed produced. Maybe we need to notify Bigbee on the design.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------