HELP! Fixing Storm 600 pistol

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Specter

HELP! Fixing Storm 600 pistol

Post by Specter » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:19 pm

Ok so I want to get my only soaker working again. I managed to get the tubing off the nozzle assembly with really hot water running on it for a couple minutes and got the pieces of dirt out of the nozzle. (yay)
I'm trying to get it back together but theres one part that I don't remember where it goes. I have everything else together but can't find where this part used to be. I thought it was part of the trigger assembly but theres no space for it. I'm just confused as to how a part that used to be in the soaker has absolutely no place for it to go/fit.
If anyone else has this soaker please help me find out where it goes.
I'll go take a picture of the piece right now. I'll also take a picture of the internals again and compare it to the others I have (hopefully theres enough detail)
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

Silence

Re: HELP! Fixing Storm 600 pistol

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:32 am

Actually we have several high-quality images of the Storm 600's internals in the gallery. Then again, you still may be unable to find where the piece goes...getting a picture of the piece will probably be more helpful. I guess I'll just wait till then. :cool:

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:41 am

Silent, I know those images are there. I took them/submitted them. Those are only 640 x 480 though. The ones I took to put in this thread are like 4 times as big(2272 x 1704) and show the piece that I can't figure out where it goes.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:17 pm

Okay, here they are uploaded.

I tried them from my side to see if there was a similar problem. I had the exact same problem you did but I'll tell you how I got around it. For some reason when you use all 5 simultaneous upload slots it screws up. I don't know if it screws up with 4, 3, or 2 also because I uploaded everything in one slot. I'll have to look at this more closely.
Attachments
IMG_2033.JPG
IMG_2032.JPG
IMG_2031.JPG
IMG_2028.JPG
IMG_2026.JPG
IMG_2025.JPG
IMG_2024.JPG
IMG_2023.JPG

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:49 pm

I tried 5 random files too. I never got an error message but it just hung...maybe the upload size was too big or something.

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Thanks for getting the pictures up. :)
It's that little plastic piece on the ruler that I have the problem with. Now I know it did come from the gun because it was with all the parts from when I opened the thing up. It's just bugging me that I can't find where it used to be.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:40 pm

Ohh, we're talking pressurized reservoir. Duh.

I've heard Storm water guns have two-stroke pumps: they pump air both ways. I'm thinking that's a myth, though, since there can't be an intake check valve except in the pump plunger, and that only works one way.

Does the mystery piece fit over the spring that's hanging above the trigger? The other end of the piece might fit in a slot in the other half of the plastic shell.

I really want a Storm pistol :) . I saw a couple a year ago but didn't get them.

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:07 pm

@Silent: I'm having trouble picturing what you mean.

@Ben: When I click some of the pictures to view the full size it says this (except where it says "260-img_2025.jpg" it changes for other pictures to that picture's name):

Code: Select all

The image “http://forums.sscentral.org/attachments/attachments/260-img_2025.jpg?d=1214568949” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Edit: Ok, so I found out that its not just the attached images. It's doing it for all the images on the site. I just tried looking at images in the gallery and it does the same thing.
I'm going to try restarting Firefox to see if it does anything. If not I'll restart Windows.
Last edited by Specter on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:28 pm

Specter, I figure the plastic piece is there to hold that spring in place. (I'm not talking about the trigger spring; I'm talking about the one for the valve, situated above the trigger. You'll need the image or water gun out to see what I'm referring to.) One end of the piece may attach to the spring piece and the other may attach to a point in the other half of the case. Often, pieces have to fit into the half of the case that's been removed, and then you don't see the slot.

A few recommendations:
  • If Skype's installed, use the extension linked to here.
  • Use the Standard editor, not the What You See Is What You Get one.
  • Once again, clear browser cache/restart/etc. if you haven't done that already.
  • Try a different computer. This is important so we know whether it's a problem with your account or with your computer.
Have you managed to get attachments to work before?

Anyway, if this doesn't work, you may have to create a temporary password so an administrator can try doing the uploads in your account. Or if you don't want to do that, you could make another account and merge the current one into that. Both are only valid if it's an account problem, though.

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:33 pm

I really want a Storm pistol . I saw a couple a year ago but didn't get them.
I saw one on ebay the other day. It was a larger one though. I think it was the Storm 2500. The 600 is nice and compact/portable but the stream isn't great and it has a really small capacity.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Well, not so much for power or anything, as I doubt either can come close to CPS or homemades. I just think they're neat little pistols.

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:03 pm

Silent wrote:Well, not so much for power or anything, as I doubt either can come close to CPS or homemades. I just think they're neat little pistols.
They are neat, good little secondary weapon. The light up stream is just one of those gimmicks that help sell the thing. Like the Transformers/Incredible Hulk SS

I restarted my computer because nothing was working Task Manager wouldn't even open. The images seem to be working now.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:30 pm

I have a Storm 500. It packs a punch for its size, but the water capacity is pathetic, the shot dropoff is severe, and mine has developed a habit of sometimes squirting water out of the pressure release valve. Not a gun I would recommend unless you can find nothing else of a similar size.

Specter

Post by Specter » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:14 pm

All storm guns shoot water out of the PRV. Mine does, my brothers Storm 1000 does/did. Its just the way they are designed that some water gets in there. You can see from the internals shot of my 600 how some water gets in there- thru the reservoir.
Mine also gets some water in the pump. and leaks out the pump handle because it comes thru the check valve on the end of the pump. I think this is because it pumps air INTO the reservoir on the OUT stroke.

cantab

Post by cantab » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:20 pm

Yeah - have you considered just putting the gun back together and seeing if it all still works?
Also, I assume you don't bother with the light anyway. But if you do it should be easy enough to resolder, you might need a bit more wire and just be careful not to melt the plastic.