Go Back   Super Soaker Central > Water guns > General
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Welcome to the SSC Forums! You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and more. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Important note: The SSC forums are now in archive mode. WaterWar.net is the new online discussion board for the water gun hobby.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:03 PM   #16
RacerSoaker445
Still selling stuff.

UserID: 83

Quote:
Originally posted by vaporizer28@Mar 13 2005, 07:45 AM
Quote:
I'm writing up a Flash Flood modding tutorial as we speak. It covers Opening the Gun, Collosus, CVF, Nozzle Mod, and Pump Handle mods.

Cool! When you're done, where will you post it?
[right][snapback]23072[/snapback][/right]

I will send it to Doom to put on the site, however, it will not have Nozzle Mod and Pump handle mods since it is the same as the ones on the site already.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:11 PM   #17
HappyDappy

UserID: 114

Quote:
I recently got the FF, and has range almost as good as my 4100.(I think) Besides, if we mod the $h!t out of the FF, it could be the most popular modded gun next to the CPS 2100.

I don't know, GodzillaSoaker. The FF is just a little too unconventional looking for me. But wtever.

I like the way conventional soakers looked. Reminded me of military weapons .
HappyDappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:45 PM   #18
DX
A Shrouded Figure

UserID: 75

Quote:
I've got to say, though, I do like my aquapack devastator more than my CPS 2100 (more range).

The Aquapack would have half the range of the 2100 if you mod the 2100.

Quote:
Besides, if we mod the $h!t out of the FF, it could be the most popular modded gun next to the CPS 2100.

I'm not sure, the FF requires collossus, which IMHO is more inconvenient than the k-mod needed for the 2100 simply because the rubber tubing is not as common as 12" balloons. You can get the balloons anywhere, cheaply, and easily. But not so with the intertubes. I haven't even collossused a gun yet because I can't get intertubes anywhere around here. I think k-mod-able guns will always be more popular because the materials are easier to get.

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!
DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 03:20 PM   #19
Spinner
Administrator

UserID: 77

Quote:
Originally posted by Duxburian@Mar 13 2005, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure, the FF requires collossus, which IMHO is more inconvenient than the k-mod needed for the 2100 simply because the rubber tubing is not as common as 12" balloons. You can get the balloons anywhere, cheaply, and easily. But not so with the intertubes. I haven't even collossused a gun yet because I can't get intertubes anywhere around here. I think k-mod-able guns will always be more popular because the materials are easier to get.
[right][snapback]23082[/snapback][/right]

Really? That's odd. I've found the exact opposite here, but then, I haven't been searching thoroughly for balloons, since I have no guns I want to K-mod. Well, not yet.

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.
Spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 10:30 AM   #20
RacerSoaker445
Still selling stuff.

UserID: 83

I just can't finish the FlashFlood modding article, due to my lack of time. If someone wants to finish it for me you may PM me.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:29 PM   #21
King Soaker

UserID: 180

When you compare what was a $10 to $15 SUPER Soaker last year (CPS 2100) to the Hasbro 2005 line up, it looks pretty bad for the future of water wars. If you compare the 2002 line of Super Soakers, I think you have to say that at least for now the Super Soaker is line is effectively dead. Give me a new colored CPS 2700, CPS 3200, a Monster or Monster X, anything but these new soakers! :angry:
Old 03-14-2005, 10:32 PM   #22
Hunt_and_Annoy
Back from the dead.

UserID: 345

for now, everything's fine, for me, we can mod the sh*t out of the FF, or do homemades, I'm hoping for better soakers in the future, though. It's no fun if you can outsoak eveyone in your communtiy, but I'm using this year to build up my arsenal.

Edit: Hunter, don't avoid the word filter. XPBackfire-esque isn't even filtered to begin with. :P
Hunt_and_Annoy is offline   Reply With Quote