Would this work?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
CROC

Would this work?

Post by CROC » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:09 pm

So I need to fix my CPS 3000 (replace the backpack, and thats it)

I was looking at the Hydra Pak, and noticed that the difference in resevoir volume was minimal, less than 2L.

If I remove the PCs from the Hydra Pak's backpack and use the hose, rendering the Hydra Pak weapon a useless gun, would it possibly be enough to be a replacement for the 3000? I am looking for similar backpack sizes, but not too major of a difference (maybe the difference of a pop can or so, ~355 mL).

Tips or suggestions are welcome.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

Silence

Re: Would this work?

Post by Silence » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:32 pm

The best option would probably be to build your own backpack. Other than that, you could buy an Aqua Pack (either the 50 ounce or the 100 ounce version) or use the backpack from a disabled Hydra Pak as you suggested.

CROC

Re: Would this work?

Post by CROC » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:00 pm

If I simply used a 100 oz backpack, I will have drastically reduced my number of shots per tank. With the HydraPak, holding about 6.1L of water, the 3000 holds 8L.

I think the guts of the hydra pak could potentially be filling 1-1.5L of water tank space. Therefore, removing them and fixing the hose to the backpack could possibly work. I only need to get another one now, and all should work out fine.
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back