Big Trouble

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Godzillasoaker65

Big Trouble

Post by Godzillasoaker65 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:45 am

Well a few days ago I went on a search for my broken big trouble, and I found it in my garage. I was wondering if there would be an easy way to make a gun for the backpack, that could be filled using the QFD still. Any suggestions? Why I ask is because there is a crack in my gun, so it just leaks pressure, and i've tried epoxy 3 times and it hasn't worked.
Soak, or be soaked that is the question!

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:05 am

'Twould be interesting to get a replacement Power Pak gun from the replacement order form at Hasbro. But otherwise...

Making your own gun should be possible. Measure the inner diameter (ID) of the hose tubing, and find the closest size--probably 1/4", 3/8", or 1/2". I would then make a simple homemade by using the right-sized hosing barb, a ball valve, and a nozzle selector system. You might actually be able to salvage the old nozzle system--just cut it out of the gun and glue it onto the homemade. There isn't much pressure there since it's after the trigger valve, so a little epoxy should be fine.

It might also be possible to add a QFD port onto the actual gun. Now why didn't Super Soaker do that? It's probably way easier to stick the QFD into a gun that's in your hand, and you wouldn't soak yourself in the process.

JLspacemarine

Post by JLspacemarine » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:15 am

Unfortunately, I looked at Hasbro's replacement order form and the PowerPak's gun/hose is no more available.

I had the same problems while fixing my SC PowerPak. I finally repaired it after few tries with epoxy and downsizing one of the nozzles: the kickback made when releasing the trigger on high output was breaking the seal instantly. Maybe you failed with epoxy for the same reason.

Actually I'm planning to make a homemade gun for my powerpak too despite the fact it is repaired. It would be much durable. Right now I don't have any specific idea other than what has been already said.
Armory: AS Hydroblitz (x2), MI FlashFlood, STE TripleShot, XP Backfire, XP 215, XP 105, XXP 175, Big Bottle BLaster(x2), SC Power Pak, SpeedLoader1000, SpeedLoader 1500, SpeedLoader Double-Cross 3000, CPS Splashzooka (x2), CPS 1200, CPS 1500,CPS 2100, CPS 2000 Mk2, CPS 1-3-5

Silence

Post by Silence » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:50 pm

Oh, it's a shame if the Power Pak gun is no longer available...oh well. The homemade gun should be easy to make though. You could maybe order some 3/8" tubing online so you can use a smaller and easier-to-turn ball valve. Or you can just grab one from a broken Max-D gun.

If you're interested in a homemade QFD port, I've come up with a fairly complex idea. Get a metal thread-to-barb adapter and connect brass that is a bit smaller than the O-ring size on the QFD. I don't know where the check valve is, but you might need to include one in the design.