CPS 2000 Problems

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
quadsport29

CPS 2000 Problems

Post by quadsport29 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:56 am

I had not used my CPS 2000 for a long time, but I decided to break it out when I had a party. It filled up nicely, but after I saw the pressure gauge reach full, I noticed the plastic water holder collapse! After that, it would not shoot at all! It shot once after I pulled the trigger several times, but only for a second. What could be wrong with it? :confused:

[Edited by SKG for Ease of Reading]
Last edited by Soakologist on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:20 pm

Welcome to SSC. We like to use correct grammar at SSC, so remember to capitalize what needs to be capitalized, it makes it easier to read. I moved this thread from General to Super Soaker Repair because it is more appropriate in this category.

Your description makes some sense but the best way for us to diagnose a problem is to see the problem. Can you take a picture?

It sounds like the plastic container holding the rubber bladder has collapsed. You could just remove the container and see how it holds up over you can replace the container. I do not own a CPS 2000, but I believe that you may need to open the gun to replace the plastic container. Since you gun did not shoot at all, you probably should be extra careful when doing this because the bladder has water in it.

Edit: I also changed this topic's title to a more descriptive one.
Last edited by Drenchenator on Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Silence

Post by Silence » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:33 pm

Drenchenator covers all the most important points, but you could also try opening up the gun and then pumping and even shooting (though opening it might find the problem already). Pump the gun slowly, and observe what happens as you fire--hopefully, the problem will be obvious.

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:21 am

I have worked with CPS 2500s, so I have worked with a similar system. In this situation, you need to be a bit more descriptive. I see two possible scenarios.

1.) Did you hear a popping sound, and did the Orange Bar go down after the loud pop? If so, your CPS bladder has shattered, and unless you are a master of replacing Cylindrical CPS Bladder, you are screwed.

2.) The housing holding the bladder has cracked. Honestly I do not see how the housing could collapse, because the factory makers lodged it in there pretty good. If it is cracked, an epoxy repair will be in order. Try and use some clear stuff if you can, and LIGHLY sand the epoxy afterwards even to make sure the gun goes back together.

"Plastic Water Holder" sounds like the interior bladder of the gun. Are you describing to us the black bladder part? If it has shattered, their is a very tiny window for a successful repair if you are inexperienced. When you pump this gun PRIOR to the break, does the orange bar go back, is my question. If it does not, i would say chances are slim.