CPS 1500 problem

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
MilkMan

CPS 1500 problem

Post by MilkMan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:27 pm

I just got my CPS 1500 today after school. I was so happy. I tried it out and while I was pumping it CAREFULLY the pump just slipped off. What do I do?!!

EDIT:BTW: I removed all the screws but I can't get that pump cap thingy off!

.....oh yeah I haven't been to this site in a while so I didn't know there was a repairs sub-forum. You can move it to that.

Edit by Doom: Made the title lowercase. B)
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:15 pm

The pump cap screws off, Hey, that's funny..

And what do you mean it 'slipped off'? Need info and pics..
I don't check this forum anymore.

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:19 pm

It isn't screwing off..................... :blink:

Maybe you are confused. When I said pump cap I meant the visible thing from the outside of the soaker that the pump goes into. The CPS 1500's is orange.
"Anything with a nozzle and a pump is good enough for me." <--------------- Same lying signature 3 years and counting!

NiborDude

Post by NiborDude » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:58 pm

If you're saying your CPS 1500 is orange, then I am sorry but that is fake. If you are saying that the pump cap at the end where the pump is is orange, then yes you are correct. Racer is also correct in the fact that you can simply twist it off. Right now I am confused about your posts so pictures may help.

<span style='color:EEF2F7'>Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Da Vinci

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:01 pm

Ok I got it off and NO my CPS 1500 IS NOT orange. Yeah.....I think im going to refund it this is all too hard......I can put the pump back in but it never LOCKS in....

trekkie00

Post by trekkie00 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 1:20 am

Is the pump cap snapped off? If it is, you can temporarily attach it back on with duct tape. That's what I did with my 2700. The only problem is, you can't get the gun apart with that on.
Rereading these forums make me feel old >.<

MilkMan

Post by MilkMan » Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:35 pm

I just realized that the problem is that the pump can't be locked in. It can be put in but it didn't lock in. Is there a certain part that locks it in? Is there a way to lock it in? Please help me. I've got it opened already.

EDIT:Also, it is missing pieces. It doesn't have rubber things on the end of the pump OR that piece that attaches to the end of the pump. The thing is, it worked once when I first took it out. I shot it twice. I looked all around but couldn't find any pieces from where the pump SLID out.

-Also for some reason I am having trouble attaching the pictures to this post

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:33 pm

Just saying that you are having trouble isn't going to help. What error message are you getting?

If the pump handle is broken off, you most likely could just screw it back on. I believe you are overexplaining - what you have said is hard to understand.

Get an image host and you should be able to get images onto SSCentral more easily. I'd prefer you used an image host to begin with.

treebomber

Post by treebomber » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:41 pm

I think he means that the pump shaft won't stay in the soaker.

Dark Elite

Post by Dark Elite » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:18 pm

The only reason I can think of for the pump not staying in the soaker is that when you were pumping the O-ring on the shaft slipped off. It's probably still in the pump shaft somewhere. As for the pump shaft cap, I'd recommend use of a flat-head screwdriver and some muscle. That usually works with pump shaft caps.

Seeing as we're on the topic of CPS1500 pumps, some of you may know a friend has given me a CPS1500 which has had the pump snapped in half. As far as I know, the other half is not in the shaft. I have the handle half, but it's pretty useless without the rest.
Does anyone know of any cheap and easy to find soaker that has a pump with an equal size to that of the 1500? That's the only thing I can think of to fix it. Or I could do a homemade pump.

Hmmm... Sorry if I've been going on, I've only just noticed... ;)
Visit <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Sam's Supercars

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color :o range'><span style='font-family:Arial'><u>My Weaponry</u>
CPS2100 (Thank You King Soaker&#33 ;)
1 Liquidator/Pressurizer
1 Max-D 6000
1 XP310 w/my own power mod and 8 balloon XPS mod
2 piston-pistols (backup)