Broken XP310 trigger mechanism

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Nick

Broken XP310 trigger mechanism

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:27 pm

Well, my trusty XP310 has broken. The bit of plastic that the metal trigger rod threads through has snapped, and it won't fix, even when i glue it. What's the quick fix for this? I need it for tomorrow really.

Drenchenator

Post by Drenchenator » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:40 pm

So, the hole in the trigger has broken? The only idea that seems to come to mind for me is to take a small strip of metal and bend it into a U shape to create a loop for the wire to go through. You can then epoxy the metal to the trigger, creating a new hole.
The Drenchenator, also known as Lt. Col. Drench.

Nick

Post by Nick » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:04 am

Drenchenator wrote:So, the hole in the trigger has broken? The only idea that seems to come to mind for me is to take a small strip of metal and bend it into a U shape to create a loop for the wire to go through. You can then epoxy the metal to the trigger, creating a new hole.
Good plan I shall try that! What kinda glue shall I use?

joannaardway

Post by joannaardway » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:12 am

When he said "epoxy" you might have wanted to read that.

But superglues work just as well (if not better) for repairs that don't have to hold pressure.
"Over the hills and far away, she prays he will return one day. As sure as the rivers reach the seas, back in his arms again she'll be." - Over the Hills and far away, Gary Moore

"So many people have come and gone, their faces fade as the years go by. Yet I still recall as I wander on, as clear as the sun in the summer sky" - More than a feeling, Boston

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:16 pm

I did it. I used a piece of paper clip(one of the big ones), cut it to size, bent it round the trigger mechanism to brace it(you need to see the trigger mechanism to udnerstand), and then glued it. I also put a ring around where the trigger rod goes through the plastic. The problem now is that the nozzle won't go back on without leaking! :( Ideas?

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:24 pm

Your latest problem is because the wire is too short. In other words, when you're not squeezing the trigger, it won't let the valve go all the way to its original position and close. Increase the length and it should be fine.

EDIT: I can't seem to find that article that explained how to create a new trigger-to-pull valve connector using wire.
Last edited by Silence on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.