incorrect info

General water gun discussion.
pepper

Post by pepper » Thu May 15, 2003 12:36 pm

I was reading the article "All about CPS" by Doomsoaker ( http://www.sscentral.net/tech/cps.php ) when I found a mistake in the article. he says that there are Piston and Spherical types of CPS's. While piston is a word that could apply, cylindrical is the preferred term. Futhermost, he explained the second type of CPS wrong. There is no spring inside the 3000/3200 or 2000/2500. It is a piece of runber in the shape of a cylinder. If a soft bladder with a piston and a spring was used, range would not be constant, because as the spring lenthens, the spring pushes less, therefore, a declining range. Open up a cylindrical type CPS gun to see what I mean. I just thought id set this strait.

an afterthought: There is a "32,000" mod, but its called the collossuss, and its when one puts layers of bike inner tube over the rubber cylinder pressure chamber.
Live to soak , soak to live - The zealots motto

If I was a hot dog, Id do a belly dance for my customer. Hey, maybe then they wouldnt eat me.

pepper

Post by pepper » Thu May 15, 2003 12:43 pm

another mistake is found. In "Glossary" By DoomSoaker ( http://www.sscentral.net/tech/glossary.php ) he says that a check valve lets water in one way, but if there is too much force applied to the other side, is will open the other way.
Check Valve

A valve that allows water to flow trugh only one way. If the pressure from the side opposite of the flow gets too high, the valve may open.
In reality, the check valve lets water in one way, but never the other way. If one looks at a design of a check valve, one will notice, the harder the pressure on the check valve, the harder the seal gets to not let it thru. than-q agian.
Live to soak , soak to live - The zealots motto

If I was a hot dog, Id do a belly dance for my customer. Hey, maybe then they wouldnt eat me.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu May 15, 2003 8:02 pm

Sorry, someone told me that the CPS 3200 and such had a spring once. I will add the check valve info. Thank you. :soakem:
If there are any mistakes, don't be afraid to post them. I'm not going to ban you for finding a mistake. I will only thank you.

Edit: And I will give you credit in the article if you find a mistake.