I want a good soaker

General water gun discussion.
theguywholikeslinux

I want a good soaker

Post by theguywholikeslinux » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:19 pm

I don't have any water guns and I would like a really nice one for the water fights I'm having (using rubbish guns from my friends).

As far as I can tell the best water gun that is in production is the Vindicator Water Warrior, I have only found this on amazon US (I'm in the UK) so that would mean shipping over here.

I would also like to mod it, how do I do this? should I get two and combine them somehow?

cantab

Re: I want a good soaker

Post by cantab » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 pm

If you're in the UK, The Entertainer has some of the Water Warriors, including the Expedition, which isn't quite as powerful as the Vindicator but is still I think among the top blasters on the market currently.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

theguywholikeslinux

Post by theguywholikeslinux » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:37 pm

and how about modding?

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:04 pm

Edit: Oops, forgot that the vindicator doesn't use springs. :mad: Try a k-mod or the like.
Last edited by zeda.beta on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

cantab

Post by cantab » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:12 pm

There has never been any particularly successful modding of the Expedition, or its older variant the Blazer. The Expedition uses a flat rubber sheet that stretches outwards as water is pumped in. In principle you can add extra rubber to thicken it and boost power, but I don't think it's ever been tried. The design puts a lot of force on the rigid plastic parts - adding more rubber will increase that and might result in breakage.
Someone once tried putting a spring in - that eventually broke the gun and cannot be recommended.
Another option is to completely replace the pressure chambers with something else.

The Vindicator I believe uses a roughly cylindrical rubber chamber, which is inside the reservoir. If you can get it out then you could try layering modelling balloons over it. Again, I don't think this has ever been done.

I would say the Vindicator offers the better modding potential.
Last edited by cantab on Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

theguywholikeslinux

Post by theguywholikeslinux » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:13 pm

So best not then?

zeda.beta

Post by zeda.beta » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Depends on if you're willing to take a risk with the gun. Considering you have to get it shipped from the states, it's probably not worth it.

If you found one in stores, however, then it might be feasible.
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Quack damn you.

theguywholikeslinux

Post by theguywholikeslinux » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:13 pm

I'll have a look around then, amazon US seems to be out of stock on the vindicator.

David Stone

Post by David Stone » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:27 pm

zeda.beta wrote:Depends on if you're willing to take a risk with the gun. Considering you have to get it shipped from the states, it's probably not worth it.

If you found one in stores, however, then it might be feasible.
I was also looking to buy a water gun. It seems very useful to me.

-G-JiV-

Post by -G-JiV- » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:46 pm

I am from AUSTRIA, Europe. I do have a quite big arsenal and I can of course sell you water guns, to modify or just to soak people, guns with great power and incredible output/s at best range :D

Let's talk about this via PM !
A gunner has to do what his Soaker requires...