Xp 310

Threads about water gun modifications.
blefroy

Post by blefroy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:34 pm

I have an xp 310 which has been working fine for a year or so, but just recently has broken. When ever I pump it up over 5 pumps (about a third of the pressure gauge) the trigger locks and the gun won't fire. To fix this, I have to take the gun apart, and manually pull the valve back to let out the water. I have had to do this 3 times in a row, and am now really annoyed with it. Please could someone help me to fix this.
Thanks,
Ben :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:52 pm

As I said at WWN, that doesn't make any sense. It shouldn't do that. It could be a problem with the trigger. Take pictures of the internals. That's all that can help.

And I do know that you read that article. The reason it doesn't tell how to prevent it is because it only happens when you overpump. That's the only way to prevent it, pump less. I would recommend getting a new gun if this continues to be a problem. Homemades might be a good idea for you if you want power.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:55 pm

By locks do you mean you pull and nothing comes out or that it won't even pull? I bought an XP 310 just yesterday and when I overpump (10 is regular, 12 is over, for mine at least) and I pull the trigger I often have to pull very hard because the pressure in the chambers makes it harder for the valve to open. What I usually do then is grab the part of the gun in between the pump and the handle so I can pull harder on the trigger, and that usually gets the water flowing.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:59 pm

That's not his problem blaze. It's that it's too hard to even do that, he has to open the gun to release the pressure. Pressure like what you said is expected when you overpump (especially if you do a check valve freeze). He only pumped it 5 times, half of what you're supposed to. And he says it's too hard to pull then. That really is a weird problem.

blaze

Post by blaze » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:19 pm

Right now it looks like we could really use the expert on XPs, Monsoon. Could it be possible that the a spring or something is rusted so it can pull without pressure but with it, its too hard?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:36 pm

I am an expert on all soaker tech. They use the same exact valves as teh CPS guns, just smaller.

No, if a spring was rusted it likely would break if pulled. Anyway, springs don't get harder to pull at higher pressures, so that doesn't make sense either.

I've got it figured out blaze, he just needs to post pictures or describe the problem better. You don't have to reply to every single new topic out there.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:31 am

Is the trigger mechanism being blocked by tubing etc.? Thats what happened to my 1200. Took awile to figure out, but then I just had to move some parts around and it worked fine. I doubt this is your problem, but you never know.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

blefroy

Post by blefroy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:52 pm

it works just as it should when it is pumped less than 5 times, but anything over that it just locks up. What I mean by locks up is that I can pull it back, but when I get almost to the end I can't pull it at all. I then have to open it and let out the pressure. I will try to take pictures, but I am not sure if my digicam works.
Thanks for all your help anyway,
Ben