Max-D 6000: removing check valve

Threads about water gun modifications.
joshiewah

Max-D 6000: removing check valve

Post by joshiewah » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:33 am

Does anyone know where the check valve is on this gun? I have no idea where it is. Here is a picture of the gun. Also, once i find the check valve, what do i do with it? Do i cut it off, cover it with something, or something totally different?
Any response would be greatly appreciated :)

Specter

Re: Max-D 6000: removing check valve

Post by Specter » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:59 am

i think it might be somewhere in or behind the black part. why do you want to cut out a check valve? or do you mean pressure relief valve?

Someone else like Ben, aEx, CROC or another member might be able to provide better assistance.
anyway I have school orientation tomorrow so i gotta go to bed now. I'll be home around 10:30-40
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

aEx155

Post by aEx155 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:27 am

Are you thinking about disabling the pressure valve? You shouldn't be looking for a check valve, but the one that lets excess water pass when the pressure's too high. Unfortunately, I can't help; I don't own any commercial guns so I'm not sure where you would find them. The best I could do would be to suggest figuring out what kind of valve you have and trying to use the guide to cut; otherwise, You may need someone who has another gun to help.

For my best guess,I would think that the valve would be somewhere around the L-shaped portion that comes off the top-way of the tee there. It could also be that small white pipe just to the right of the black portion in the picture, also. There's a high probability that I could be wrong though.

On a side note, you should only perform this mod if you know how to stop pumping, since you could very well break something badly if you pump too much.
Specter wrote:Someone else like Ben, aEx, CROC or another member might be able to provide better assistance.
I've never had someone reference me as someone who could provide "better assistance", so that's cool. Thanks.

joshiewah

Post by joshiewah » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:40 pm

Yeah i meant the pressure release valve. That small pipe going downwards from the middle of the two pressure chambers leads to a pressure guage. Does that mean when the pressure guage is full the pressure will leak out? 'cause this gun does a lot of leaking.
In my defence i thought the check valve and the relief valve were the same :)

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:15 pm

Welcome to SSC!

If you look in guide to disabling the pressure relief valve you'll see that the Max-D 6000 has a valve assembly I've classified as type A. So you can can where described for the type A valve.

With that being said, disabling the pressure relief valve on air pressure water guns is generally a bad idea.

When the pressure gauge is full you might be able to go a little higher in pressure than the gauge will show, but something will eventually crack, and it can be very hard to tell when you reach that point. That's why I don't recommend disabling the pressure relief valve in air pressure water guns.

joshiewah

Post by joshiewah » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:25 pm

Is there any way to be able to increase my pressure without removing the pressure release valve? Like, maybe it could be possible to allow more pressure to build before releasing pressure?

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:09 pm

You'd have to replace the pressure relief valve with another one set to a different pressure. The system wasn't designed to have parts be replaced so easily so that is easier said than done. It's possible but it'd be expensive and difficult. Replacing the entire pump assembly would be easier and more reliable, and if you're going to do that you've pretty much made a homemade water gun so why not go all the way?

Figuring out what an acceptable higher pressure would be could be difficult too. Generally the air pressure water guns can't take more than one or two pumps extra, if even that.

CROC

Post by CROC » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:57 am

I have an upside down video of the PRVD on a Max-D 6000, but it wouldn't be of much use since it is upside down... If only there were a way to vertically flip video
-Croc
It's been a while guys, and its good to be back

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:21 am

It's easy to flip video last time I checked. Post the file up and I'll see what I can do.

CROC

Post by CROC » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:20 am

I have found a free video clip flipper, and will post the video when I get to my computer and have flipped/subbed it (and, of course, added some music to the mix.) I might record over it instead of subbing it, since I got a nice mic about a week ago. I use the online program called JumpCut, provided for people with Yahoo accounts. I will be doing more of this flipping anyways, since I am also making a k-mod video soon. The only reason I am recording over it is because of the crazy ambient noise.

EDIT: I will post a link to the version of the one I made, when it is done converting the size and uploading to JumpCut. Trying to upload it, but it is a bit too big. I will put the movie on MegaUpload. It is also fairly low quality, it was barely too big for attachment. Tee hee, my bologna background...
Last edited by CROC on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: adding in an attachment
-Croc

coolocat

Post by coolocat » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:53 pm

The max d 6000 is a seperate air chamber water gun isn't it. How about you try priming the water gun first. (Pump in some air first and then some water) That should get you a little more distance without having to disable the prv.

CROC

Post by CROC » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:42 am

The problem with priming It is that the PC has reduced capacity, and un-priming the gun is rather annoying. I'd say do the PRVD. My video is almost done. I will post it tomorrow.
-Croc