which is better?

All topics, except for ones related to water fights. Posts made here do not count towards your post count.
soakernerd

which is better?

Post by soakernerd » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:01 pm

What do the moderators hate more? Starting a new topic, or reviving an old one. On several other forums I visit, they discourage necroposting much more than starting a new topic.

C-A_99

Re: which is better?

Post by C-A_99 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:36 pm

We're a bit different from the NIC in the fact that we don't get an influx of n00bs and tons of repetitive postings, so things are generally laid back here. (i.e. We don't ban at a whim unless it's for something like a spam bot or an underage user [due to COPPA laws].) Nonetheless, the commonsense rules to forum posting still apply. Both necros and double posting are generally acceptable (I do them myself) if they add significantly to the discussion at hand. In some cases, it's better to start a new topic (such as if you have a water blaster problem) since it keeps the discussion seperated and cleaner.

Just post with a purpose, and search around the forums and website articles to get some information before posting something that has or may have been discussed before.

To answer your question directly, there is no"better". Use your discretion when deciding to necro or post a new topic. In more cases than not, posting a new topic is actually better.