Vaporizer mod

Threads about water gun modifications.
SSCBen

Vaporizer mod

Post by SSCBen » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:47 pm

All I did today because I got locked out again was work on my Vaporizer. I realized that it was a pump-action gun, but that didn't stop me from turning it into a CPS, and this mod is completely reversable too! It's the next CPS 1000, very easy to make, the hardest part was building my own check valve since my other ones were being used. :Hey, that's funny.: This thing is pretty weird looking now, I'm thinking about calling my gun "Mutant" or "The Mutant" or maybe even something odd like Martha.

I will try to get pictures and a mod article up soon. I think I have about 3 new articles written as of now, all mods, and I've started writing Leftovers, now this is going to be written.

Basically this mod makes new internals for the Vaporizer. It adds all the parts it was missing to make it a CPS gun. It's even superchargeable if you have the right stuff. It has about a 5X-7X nozzle(5mm), and because it uses the nozzle system I made for my homemades you can have nozzles until you are tired of drilling. Right now I have a 1mm and a 5mm nozzle, outputs are unknown. The range was not accurately tested, but it was pretty far on the 5mm setting, at least 40 feet. Very good mod, wait for the pics and the article. Well worth the $5 Vaporizer and the cheap parts needed! :)

wetmonkey442

Post by wetmonkey442 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:50 pm

Sounds awesome! Can't wait for pics and a guide!
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:23 am

I just was messing around with it on the 1mm nozzle. When the ball valve I used as a trigger is open it still has that pump action on that nozzle! This is a great mod, you should buy the Vaporizer anyway, it's a good gun. I hope this creates a good buzz with the community, the 04s are great when modded! Well, at least the Vaporizer is, I don't know about the other ones.

I also did some other mods to my Vaporizer other than what I said. First, since the pump cap wasn't attached to the reservour, due to the XPBackfire-esquepy quick fill caps, I attached it, and I'm going to have an article on how to do that. I also added a strap, the Vaporizer has good spots for it.

I think my Vaporizer is my new weapon for 2004, low pumps, great shot time, lightweight, good range, pump action, variety of nozzles, the list goes on. Maybe it will need a backpack or some reservour expansions later, but right now it's amazing, great gun when modded! I think you can tell how please I am with this weapon, it's great! :D

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:27 am

sweet! two leet articles to look forward to! leftovers may be the first homemade soaker I build, but before that my dad said I could build a wbl so...
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:37 pm

Ok, I've been messing with it more, I got 2 pics, I'll attach them.

I'm trying to get this thing to work when collosused, most of the time stuff will burst off when it does, I need to get the bike tubes on as evenly as possible for it to work.

I've attached one picture, I'll take the other one likely tommorow, the one of it shooting doesn't show it's true power.
Attachments
DSCN0441.JPG
DSCN0441.JPG (416.65 KiB) Viewed 1283 times

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:46 pm

Sounds great! Perhaps I will get the Vaporizer after all...

I wonder what could be done with the Helix? <_< Something similar?
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:21 pm

is the helix powersoaker-type too?

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:34 pm

Yes, it's a piston with spinning nozzle. I have one. Not found it to be much use yet... :angry:
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:40 am

I don't think it will work on the Helix, I haven't opened one though. You'll have to do at least case mods to get it to work.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:11 pm

I know a bit about case modding, but not for soakers.... (sorry, off topic)

but that could be interesting - what if you took a computer case and put parts from a bunch of different soakers in it, you could stick the nozzles out the drive bays and have the triggers where the motherboard inserts would be. perfect for base defense.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:04 pm

Not really, it would be heavy and could rust, as well as being too expensive. Cases are not needed for homemades, what works best is a case designed for that use.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:52 pm

pfft. you can buy a cheap case for less than $20 and strip the metal out.

Monsoon

Post by Monsoon » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:09 pm

yeah the Vaporizer is a VERY cheap gun of it's soaking value, and look at the mod!
Do not underestimate the power of stupidity in large groups

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:04 pm

That mod cost more than the gun itself. The CPS tubing is like $4 alone!

hooligan

Post by hooligan » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:10 am

Okay so...you said variety of nozzles? Where? On your mod? Can't see the picture. Secondly, how do you add a strap? Duct tape? Man, Itried duct tape on my cps, but it will go to waste if I take it off, as I already did, but it's still a bit sticky. I guess I will HAVE to reinforce the duct tape with more duct tape. How did you make a strap for yours?
<span style='color:red'>Because Hooligans are
1)Useless
2)Pointless
3)Redundant
4)Useless
5)Pointless
6)Redundant