Homemade need help to get more pressure

Build a homemade water gun or water balloon launcher and tell us about it.
Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:32 pm

I need help on getting more pressure in the 2 liter cranberry bottles of the water gun. I have 4 bottles and I only get 20 psi in all and im tryin for 40 to 60 psi. unfortnatly I Don't have a digtal camera or a scanner or any thing to show you guys a picture of it. :( But the water gun is pressurised from the back of the cranberry bottles by some valve on bike intertubes of mine that have poped so I cut the ruber around the valve stem on the bike intertube and then I drilled a hole in the bottom of the cranberry bottle and stuck them in tightly and epoxyed it nicly. Also I couldent get a pvc ball valve due to me living in saudi arabia (go figure)but I got a brass ball valve that I got at our commisary/ general store and it works great. here is a picture I made just now what sort of shows it.

PS there are no leaks of air either.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:22 pm

Before we begin, I would like to great you in proper English. That was torture reading, please improve your English. You do however have a reason to have poor English, you live in another country.

Your problem (likely) is the number of bottles you are using. I am assuming that you are using a hose to pressurize it. There likely is too much air for a single hose to compress. Try a single bottle and expect it to go to about 70 PSI.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:32 pm

sorry for the typing :( . But I use 4 bottles and they are the same kind that you used in your homemade that had the cranberry bottle with the nozzle thinger mbober that you put on a hose, and what did you mean to much for a single hose to compress. All the bottles are connected to. My air compresser only got to 20 PSI with 1 bottle last time I tried it but I will try tommorow tonight it is 9:30 PM right now.

PS Doom how much PSI did you get on that cranberry bottle with the nozzle homemade.

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:53 pm

Please, your English still is abhorrent! Use commas, spell everything right, and use better grammar!

If all of the bottles are connected, there is too much air to be compressed by a single hose. If you are using an air compressor your problem may be that you don't have the pressure set very high.

Also, I will not help you if you continue to be this ignorant:
PS Doom how much PSI did you get on that cranberry bottle with the nozzle homemade.
URL: http://www.sscentral.net/tech/homemades/2l.php
This is my first homemade that uses air pressure. It's pretty good saying that I made it out of things I found in my house. Before we make it, lets look at some stats about it:

Capacity: 1.6 Liters
Air Pressure: Estimated at 74 PSI
Range: 42-45 feet
Output: 107 ml per second (~3X)
Shot Time: ~15 seconds
Nozzle size: Varies. To get the full 40 feet of range, I pulled the handle down only half the way. Pulling it further decreased the range to about 20 feet.
Filling method: A garden hose attachment gives it a direct connection to the hose, so no pumping is needed, but you only have one shot per tank.
You're question was answered very close to the top of the article. Please read everything or re-read before asking a question this simple.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:03 pm

There is no setting to make higher pressure on the electric air compressor. :(

SKG Edit: Nothing can comprese anything, SL.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:20 pm

Originally posted by Soaker Leader@Sep 24 2004, 03:03 PM
There is no setting to make higher pressure on the electric air compressor. :(

REMEMBER YOUR SPELLING! Jeez.
Uhh... what do you mean? It should have a gauge on the top or side of the compressor, it should show how much PSI the object that you are inflating has in it.

Try fitting a pressure gauge to the PC.
I don't check this forum anymore.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:28 pm

Your obvious problem is the air compressor. Unless you have a massive compressor, thats a lot of air space to pressurize. If you bring it down to one or two bottles, Your compressor might be able to handle it.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:45 pm

I had it at 2 bottles before and it was reaching 22 psi only whitout any leaks. :(

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:58 pm

I'll say this again. Use one bottle. That should fix your problem. Also, fill it with a hose because it works and doesn't require you to have a good compressor.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:03 pm

What a garden hose, or air compresser hose, I'm sorry but I have no clue what kind of hose you are talking about. :( my water gun is kida odd so you Don't fill the cranberry bottles with water you fill the 3/4 pvc barrel.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:13 am

So basically you have a nerf gun, with a barrel filled with water. That design has many flaws. You have way to much air for how much water you are shooting. Use less bottles! You need high pressure quickly, not low pressure slowly.

Although this might help, you should remake it into Doom's homemade or something simialr.
BlueSoak.net

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:02 am

Mabey I should, but I Don't have the one piece to connect the ruber tubing into the nozzle.

RacerSoaker445

Post by RacerSoaker445 » Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:05 pm

What? Doom's Homemade doesn't have RUBBER tubing.
I don't check this forum anymore.

Soaker Leader

Post by Soaker Leader » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:43 pm

look at this racer. :huh:

Forceuser

Post by Forceuser » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:57 pm

I wouldn't call that rubber tubing. It's flexible plastic.
Hey, images in sigs work again! Woo!