Nerf-Soaker

Threads about water gun modifications.
BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:26 am

Hey guys, Hasbro sent me a nerf N-strike to replace my CPS 2100. I have no interest in nerf, so I'm going to create the huge Titan rocket launcher into a soaker, and make use of that $40 retailing plastic rubble.
The Pc will be relatively small, about 1-1.5 XP 310 PC's. However, the release valve is set for a much higher pressure than soakers, so I hope to get some power out of this thing. I can only imagine the pump volume. Ill be lucky to get 2 pumps in.

Anyway, my big question is: "What plastic type is the Nerf/Super soakers made out up? I asked Hasbro, and they said the information is proprietary. If no-one knows, ill just use universal pipe glue for the gun-PVC attachments. I hope its ABS or PVC.

Thnx guys!

P.S. I know this gun will prolly suck, but it will be fun. Besides, I tested the gun with the muzzle filled with water, and a shotgun blast went 30 feet. It was amazing. I hope I get as good results.
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:47 am

Umm, I think it is PVC, but I'd rather just mod it to be a better Nerf gun. It would require a lot of modding and not be worth it to turn it into a soaker. From what I've heard of the Titan it gets insane ranges when modded. Mod it and make it your first Nerf gun.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:42 pm

It won't take too much modding. All I really have to do is add a check valve and reservoir feeding into the pump.
I might need to make a wider path from the pump to the PC. But so far, that seems difficult-impossible.

I Don't really play nerf, and no one in my neighborhood does. Besides, I like the way is shoots its water. Really powerfully.
BlueSoak.net

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:35 pm

Originally posted by BlueSmudge@Sep 14 2004, 05:42 PM
It won't take too much modding. All I really have to do is add a check valve and reservoir feeding into the pump.
I might need to make a wider path from the pump to the PC. But so far, that seems difficult-impossible.

I Don't really play nerf, and no one in my neighborhood does. Besides, I like the way is shoots its water. Really powerfully.
I'm not saying that it's going to be hard, you know I've done mods like this. I'm saying that it's not going to be worth it. Don't waste your effort.

revengeofline

Post by revengeofline » Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:52 pm

Sorry if this is off-topic, but where can I find an article to mod the Titan to get the insane ranges you mentioned? I got a Titan and I think it shoots really far as is but how do you get it to shoot farther?

BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:50 am

~BlueSmudge~
I'll buy the titan off you.

~revengeofline~
Titan Mod

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:18 am

Originally posted by BoltMasterZero@Sep 14 2004, 07:50 PM
~BlueSmudge~
I'll buy the titan off you.
Soaker modded, or stock? Just the titan or the entire N' Strike system?
BlueSoak.net

BoltMasterZero

Post by BoltMasterZero » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:25 am

Just the titan, yes stock.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:52 pm

Go ahead and PM me with your offer.
BlueSoak.net