Hi there

General water gun discussion.
Hyper

Hi there

Post by Hyper » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 am

Greetings! Hyper here. I finally regged here and at iSoaker after a few years of leeching. It's great to see that there are suck a good sites for information about water blasters.

I used to have a SS50 original back in the days and I loved it until it broke one day. My interest faded when the XP's came into the store, looking all but impressive. Years passed and I grew older, I outgrew the typical kids-with-waterguns-age.

Still, the awesomeness of the SS50, SS100 and god forbid, the SS200 made me google around a bit and for a summers years I browsed the SSCentral and ISoaker sites for the gun database.

Last weeks my continued interest finally brought me into buying a 2nd hand CPS1700 from Marktplaats.nl (Dutch ebay-ish site) You would have seen my grin when I hold it for the first time. I'll probably get a few other soakers since I can get them for relatively low prices here, starting a small collection of the best pieces of SS history. With a bit of luck I can test them again in a water fight, although it may not be easy to find team members of my age in my area.
Last edited by Hyper on Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Resistance is futile. You will be soakinated.

cantab

Re: Hi there

Post by cantab » Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:47 pm

Welcome to SSc!

Are you at University? That was where pretty much all the battles I had took place.
I work on Windows. My toolbox is Linux.
Arsenal:
Super Soaker: XP215, 2xXP220, Liquidator, Aquashock Secret Strike M(odded), Arctic Blast M, CPS1200, CPS2100, SC Power Pak, 3l aquapack, 1.5l aquapack
Water Warriors: Jet, Sting Ray M, Shark, Argon M, Tiger Shark, PulseMaster
Others: Waterbolt, The Blaster, Storm 500, Shield Blaster 2000, generic PR gun, generic backpack piston pumper (broken), 3l garden sprayer M, 10l water carrier:

marauder_4

Post by marauder_4 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Welcome to SSC! You should check out my site: Hydrowar especially the movies section. I'm slowly working on about 5 reviews at the moment. It is good that you can find Super Soakers in Holland, I just sold my Flash Flood to someone in Sweden because they are hard to find there. The CPS 1700 is a great gun, one of my favorites. I also like the 1998 version of the SS 100. Have you ever used that? It's structurally superior and performs a little better as well.

Hyper

Post by Hyper » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:05 pm

@cantab: I'm not at uni here, unfortunately.

@marauder_4: I had a SS50, my bro got a SS10 back in the days. The 100 was a great gun for it's looks and it was very comfortable to hold. The performance was roughly equal to the 50.

By the way: it is possible to use the reservoir of the SS50 as pressure chamber on the SS100. You can get very long shots this way. :-)
Resistance is futile. You will be soakinated.

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Hi there! When I saw the thread I thought an old moderator, Hyper_9, had returned. I see that you're a different Hyper, though...welcome to SSC.

Spinner
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:57 pm

I had to double-take too. Oh well...welcome aboard, Hyper! :)

Of the entire line, I prefer the styling of CPS 1700 the most. I hope the range is better than iSoaker's CPS 1500, which seems to have been a dud.