I think one of my Max-d 3k's is defective

General water gun discussion.
Specter

I think one of my Max-d 3k's is defective

Post by Specter » Mon May 21, 2007 9:20 pm

As you know, i said i bought the 2 pack of max-d 3000, when i pump one of them, (around 5-10 times which is nowhere near max) i can hear air leaking out the tail cap. Should I email hasbro to see if i can get it replaced? (if they may replace it) because i dont think i can return it to target since i took both out of the box and used them... i didnt notice this until i used the one and air and water started bubbling out. The other one is fine. Please give me some suggestions.
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 21, 2007 9:31 pm

If you don't want to locate the leak and seal it, emailing Hasbro would be a good option. Try returning first though. I've noticed that some stores even allow opened items to be returned.

If neither asking Hasbro or returning works, I could give you a simple repair that should work too. ;)

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon May 21, 2007 9:39 pm

i tried some waterproof tape, but it makes it too hard to screw on/ screw off the end cap. i cant find teflon tape anywhere around the house but i thought i had a roll. Maybe i will just email hasbro and see what i get in response.

Heres my Email to hasbro (in progress) of what i have so far:

"I bought a twin pack of Max-D 3000 Super Soakers on 5/20/07 and tried them out later that day. One of the Super Soakers leaks air and water out of the end cap even with it screwed on as far as it will go. "

im trying to think of what else to say...
My "arsenal": Customizable APH, Storm 600 pistol (still haven't finished fixing this), launcher- Model:AB1.0(Decommissioned), AB1.5, soon AB 1.1(2"rebuild) maybe ill get something else in the future
My site Image My website/forum is back up and running, for the most part after it having been deleted in october

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Mon May 21, 2007 10:10 pm

Teflon tape is not used for comfort. Teflon tape is used to create improved seals in threaded pipe. It doesn't even have an adhesive side. ;)

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon May 21, 2007 10:10 pm

heres my "finished" email. Please let me know if i should make any changes. thanks.

Email text:

"I bought a twin pack of Max-D 3000 Super Soakers on 5/20/07 and tried them out later that day. One of the Super Soakers leaks air and water out of the end cap even with it screwed on as far as it will go. Please let me know if there any way this can be fixed and if not can this be replaced? If this needs to be replaced, is there any fees? Thanks and I hope to receive a quick response."

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Mon May 21, 2007 10:17 pm

Even after I opened up my orca, I was able to return it (it had a leaky trigger that I didn't feel like repairing) by getting them in a box. But in your case, Hasbro might give you another twin pack, leaving you with 3 Max-D 3000's. Your email should work fine.

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon May 21, 2007 10:22 pm

C-A_99 wrote:Even after I opened up my orca, I was able to return it (it had a leaky trigger that I didn't feel like repairing) by getting them in a box. But in your case, Hasbro might give you another twin pack, leaving you with 3 Max-D 3000's. Your email should work fine.

thanks for your input, i hope they send a new twin pack, that would be awesome. I don't think target would take it back since i had to cut the zip ties and i sorta ripped the box a bit.

and not related to this subject, when i looked at the hydo blitz SS at target, it said on the back of the box that it uses the "patented constant pressure system" is that the most recent CPS gun made? and will they make any more CPS guns?

edit: im just going to go ahead and send the email the way it is.
Last edited by Specter on Mon May 21, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Specter

Post by Specter » Mon May 21, 2007 11:07 pm

Ben wrote:If you don't want to locate the leak and seal it, emailing Hasbro would be a good option. Try returning first though. I've noticed that some stores even allow opened items to be returned.

If neither asking Hasbro or returning works, I could give you a simple repair that should work too. ;)

can you let me know what this simple repair is so i can find out if i can do it? thanks.

Specter

Post by Specter » Tue May 22, 2007 7:35 pm

how long does it usually take for hasbro to respond to emails? Has anyone emailed them before? just to give me an approximate time frame. thanks

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:13 pm

Try to avoid the muiltiple postings at once, unless no one is seriously getting to your posts. (just use edit)

Anyways, the HydroBlitz is the most recent CPS gun made, but many feel it is underpowered and oversized for it's price. Guns that follow the true nature of the original CPS line still aren't being made and at best, it'll take a while if they start to show up.

The repair for the Max-D's is to open up the gun and use rubber bands if the spring on the trigger fails, there are several threads and articles on it, though we can help you out if you do need to do that repair.

As for Hasbro, I believe the mininum they'll take to respond is a week. To get the gun shipped will take at least 1-2 weeks from the time of the reply. Back to replies, I've had one take several months before, so I guess you'll just have to wait.

Even if the box is a bit ripped I think they'll still might take it. Just try to place the zip ties back together a bit, so that it's still wrapped around the gun. Of course, this is only if you want to return it.