Greetings

General water gun discussion.
ken landry

Greetings

Post by ken landry » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:39 pm

I am new obviously and would like to participate in some fun with this. I have a few friends interested and we were wondering where the best place to buy some of these super soakers is at? I would at least like to buy one for myself. I was wondering what a good price for one of these is? any input? Thanks, Ken

Silence

Post by Silence » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:49 pm

Welcome! A few questions before we can answer, though...

1) What type of guns are you looking to buy? Commercial water guns, like Super Soaker or Water Warrior soakers? You can't buy homemade, modified, or classic guns from anywhere except for eBay.

2) Where do you live? Are you buying online or locally? Thanks!

ken landry

Post by ken landry » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:52 am

I really don't have much of an idea of what type of pistol to buy actually. I have a pistol that I bought off ebay to shoot the cat with - to train it to stay off counters and shelves etc. It does not shoot a very good stream and you have to pull the trigger a few times to get that. I was shooting a friend of mine with it and he had a little bitty one I bought off ebay to retaliate, but it's so small it's hard to shoot accurately. Have you ever shot a derringer? That what it's like. The bigger one would be good but it is probably worn out or has bad seals or something. Basically I am just looking for a couple of decent pistols to play around with and to also shoot the cat with when it misbehaves. Something that has a good stream,accuracy and distance. Not to worried about having a big tank. The ones I saw on ebay seem to be over priced, but then again maybe not as it seems like no one manufactures them the good ones anymore. Any ideas? I am from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Thanks for your welcome and your time......I will check out the forum you recommended.......w/respect, Ken

C-A_99

Post by C-A_99 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:28 pm

Ebay often has overpriced stuff, but you can find stuff that is as underpriced as the other things are overpriced. (i.e. low priced powerful soakers) Since you seem to be looking for just small air pressure guns that shoot thin streams, I'd recommend some of the Max-D guns, as long as they're not too small for your hand, and the liquidator should do reasonably well too. I would not recommend guns like the arctic shock, they don't shoot as far and are rather big guns for the streams they produce.

Some of the Max-D's can be found in stores during the season they sell soakers, usually Max-D 3000's or 4000's, both of which should do well. For larger guns, an XP 310 is good, but a Max-D 6000 has a rather unreliable trigger and if you're going to get one, be sure you can repair it. I heard the storm pistols are pretty good too, but don't deliver the range of a Max-D. (though they look cooler and are more reliable, but also slightly more expensive I believe)

If you want to fight with soakers, you may want to try to get some CPS's from ebay. (If you don't mind constantly looking around and trying to take one when the opportunity arises for a cheap one. I've done it twice, one for a set of a Max-D 5000, a CPS 1000, and a CPS 1200, and another time for a CPS 2700. Of course, I've seen tons more good deals than I was able to get.) A CPS 1000 is only slightly larger than an XP 310, yet delivers much more water faster and at a greater range. A Flash Flood is compact, and while it's range isn't very good, it can be corrected with some modding, and still delivers the power of a CPS.

Silence

Post by Silence » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:21 pm

The soakers you'll see us talking about aren't squirt guns--they don't use the power of the trigger to fire. Instead, they use many larger pumps and have a separate trigger to fire powerful streams. But it sounds like you don't really need heavy firepower.

I would go with a Storm pistol or pistols from Buzz Bee Toys, such as the Cricket. These are tiny weapons, and require a few pumps, but should do the job perfectly. They also get much better range that squirt pistols. They're also fairly cheap, so searching on eBay for a good deal shouldn't be too hard compared to larger soakers.

CA-99, I was under the impression that Storm pistols actually get a lot of range for their size. Plus they pump water when you move the pump handle in either direction, which is a bit quicker.