Common Cps 1500 Problem?

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
Codex

Common Cps 1500 Problem?

Post by Codex » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:37 am

I used my CPS1500 like 3 days and it's already sort of broken.
I took it apart (which was a pain in the butt, because the nozzle wouldn't come off - I had to do some sawing...).

The problem is I can pressurize the tank but the trigger will not release the water out of the pressure tank. The trigger itself still works (I can press it just before but nothing happens)

When I look into the (inner) nozzle it looks like some kind of metal grid got loose.
I Don't know if that is the problem, though.
Also I have no idea how the get of that red cap, it looks glued very well.

Any ideas how a can fix my CPS? I didn't have a lot of fun with it before it broke - it would be a shame...

thanks a lot
Codex

Spinner

Post by Spinner » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:18 am

Had this problem with a CPS 1700. If you unscrew most of the screws, you should be able to prise apart the plastic layers near the trigger. You should then be able to pull back the trigger further, far enough to fire the gun. Put it back together and don't over-pressurize it next time... :P
ISS: Soaker Sagas

Submit your saga and see it up with other titans of water warfare.

Neuro

Post by Neuro » Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:59 pm

I know of a real repair for this... might take me quite a while to find it though. I know someone else has it...
"I used to care, but now I take a pill for that."

You can pretty much ignore the times on that, I rarely ever have Xfire on when I play. I should, though.

BlueSmudge

Post by BlueSmudge » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:48 pm

Originally posted by spinner@Jun 14 2004, 05:18 AM
Had this problem with a CPS 1700. If you unscrew most of the screws, you should be able to prise apart the plastic layers near the trigger. You should then be able to pull back the trigger further, far enough to fire the gun. Put it back together and don't over-pressurize it next time... :P
That can't be the problem, because he can still pull the trigger back. It just isn't firing.
I think that somehow the metal wire, and workings between the trigger, and trigger valve arn't working properly.
I had this problem with my 1200. I never fixed it and replaced the trigger system with a ball valve:unsure:. I wouldn't sugjest this path uless its is necissary ^_^
--------------------------------------------------------------
BlueSoak.net
--------------------------------------------------------------

dechtakar

Post by dechtakar » Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:23 am

I've had a great deal of difficulty taking off the nozzle of my recently acquired 1500, which is leaking a lot inside (heck, it was free...). How should I go about taking it off while minimizing the damage to the mechanism?

A dang shame they made it so tough to open. The 2500 unscrews completely.

Codex

Post by Codex » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:31 am

It doesn't seem to be the trigger or the trigger mechanism. All of this still works, but nothing happens. I believe the problem must be in the very last chamber just before the nozzle or in the nozzle itself...

Any more ideas?

Greetings
Codex

SSCBen

Post by SSCBen » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:42 am

I can't believe I didn't see this topic. I can help.

http://www.ramhosting.com/accounts/tech ... S1700.html

It's for the CPS 1700, but it's the same right?