Broken Max-D 3000

Repairs to water guns. Please put repair topics in this forum so that people do not have to sort through so many topics when looking for a repair. If a fix is included in the topic, please add (Fixed) before the topic title to indicate so.
matayahhu

Post by matayahhu » Mon May 30, 2005 5:33 pm

Hi, just so we're clear, I've been a member hear for a while, and I've made... maybe two posts. But, a I read the board and website articles a lot. I'm making a WBL, and have K modded a cps 2100. So, I'm not totally incompetent. That's why I'm annoyed that I can't fix my Max-D 3000. I feel like I should know what's wrong. I don't. I pump one day, and there's not pressure. I open it up, and I don't know what's wrong. Has any one else had this problem, (and know how to fix it)?

death angel

Post by death angel » Mon May 30, 2005 7:26 pm

I've never had that problem before, but I've got one possible idea of what the problem is. One or both of check valves is broken, that could be why it looks normal. Open it up and pump it and see if water is drawn into the PC, and if not, then it is possible that your check valves are broken, causing the water to flow back into the pump shaft or the reservoir over and over again. If water is drawn into the PC, then your problem might be the trigger rod is broken. To repair the trigger rod, check the repair section of the site. Of course, there could be some other problem, and if you give us more detailed information, we might be able to find your exact problem.

Edit: Shouldn't this be under the Repairs section?
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 31, 2005 12:14 am

Yeah...Moving now...

Definately open your gun, and test the internals several times. The problem should come out then. If you can't find what's wrong with the open gun, then the problem is trigger valve-related. However, the problem will most likely be obvious when you test the internals.
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

death angel

Post by death angel » Tue May 31, 2005 12:51 am

Definately open your gun, and test the internals several times. The problem should come out then. If you can't find what's wrong with the open gun, then the problem is trigger valve-related. However, the problem will most likely be obvious when you test the internals.
Yeah..... but I think he says that the gun is not being pressurized at all. So wouldn't this most likely be a problem with the check valves? Or perhaps the pumps seal is broken, and he doesn't notice the water leaking out? If the gun is being pressurized then it is most likely the trigger valve that's the problem. If it's not the being pressurized then is is most like the check valves, broken pump seal, or some other leak.
Nintendo DS Forums!
No longer undiscussed!

DX

Post by DX » Tue May 31, 2005 1:05 am

It most likely is the check valve. The only reason I mentioned the trigger valve is that when I've had a weird problem and the internals gave no hints, it was the trigger valve. And that's only if the gun works ok when it is open. Strange stuff can happen sometimes. :blink:
Mess With the Best, Get Soaked Like the Rest!

2004 Red Sox - World Series Champions
2007 Red Sox - World Series Champions!

Hunt_and_Annoy

Post by Hunt_and_Annoy » Tue May 31, 2005 2:13 am

Originally posted by death angel@May 30 2005, 11:26 AM

Open it up and pump it and see if water is drawn into the PC,
[snapback]25078[/snapback]

just a note, the max-d 3k doesn't have PC's, its a PR gun. that means the pump moves air, so t might be more difficult to test? anyway in my opinion its not worth it to bother repairing a max-d 3k, you could just get another for five bucks...or even better, get a CPS 2100 at sports authority for seven bucks...

Jadefalcon09

Post by Jadefalcon09 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:10 pm

Hunter has a point, they are cheap and very easy to replace. If your gun is not being pressurized, there is a problem obviously with air not getting into the gun. Check to make sure all your valves are working properly. Again it would be easier just to buy a new one.